Illinois Wesleyan Symphony Orchestra
Results of your audition will determine which ensemble(s) you will be placed in. All musicians of any experience and ability are encouraged to audition! Musicians can be placed in more than one ensemble depending on the needs of the ensemble. For Wind Ensemble audition information click here. If you are auditioning for both Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble, you only need to audition once. Auditions will be held in Westbrook and Room 167 of Presser Hall. The dates are Monday 8/23 and Tuesday 8/24.
Orchestra auditions consist of:
- A prepared solo (1-2 minutes)
- Assigned audition excerpts (attached below)
- Scales (attached below)
Before your audition, you must:
- Complete an informational questionnaire by clicking here. This form will need to be completed prior to signing up for an audition time slot.
- Sign up for an audition time. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION TIME SLOT If you are auditioning for both band and orchestra on the same instrument, you need to sign up for only ONE audition time. Percussion please sign up for a time slot in 167.
- Print out and complete one audition sheet which can be found here. You must bring this form with you to the audition.
Please contact Meghan Griffin firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding auditions or the IWU instrumental ensembles.
The IWSO rehearses Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm-8pm, and a string sectional from 4pm-5pm on Wednesdays. All rehearsals are held in Presser Hall 167.
We look forward to seeing you at auditions!