Illinois Wesleyan Symphony Orchestra
Results of your audition will determine which ensemble(s) you will be placed in. All musicians of any experience and ability are encouraged to audition! Musicians can be placed in more than one ensemble depending on the needs of the ensemble. For band audition information click here. Auditions will be held in Dr. Ivanov’s office (Presser Hall 256).
Orchestra auditions consist of:
- Two prepared pieces of contrasting styles, each up to 2 minutes in length (chosen solos or etudes should demonstrate both technical and lyrical styles)
- Assigned audition excerpts below.
Before your audition, you must:
- Complete an informational questionnaire by clicking here. This form will need to be completed prior to signing up for an audition time slot.
- Sign up for an audition time. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION TIME SLOT If you are auditioning for both band and orchestra on the same instrument, you need to sign up for only ONE audition time.
- Print out and complete one audition sheet which can be found here. You must bring this form with you to the audition.
Please contact Dr. Ivanov email@example.com for any questions regarding auditions or the IWU instrumental ensembles.
The IWSO rehearses Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm-8pm, and a string sectional from 4pm-5pm on Wednesdays. All rehearsals are held in Presser Hall 167 and are lead by Dr. Ivanov (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to seeing you at auditions!