Illinois Wesleyan Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Winds
Results of your audition will determine which ensemble(s) you will be placed in. All musicians of any experience and ability are encouraged to audition! Musicians can play in both a wind band and the orchestra. For orchestra audition information click here. Auditions will be held in the courtyard of Presser Hall Monday August 17th and Wednesday August 19th.
Band auditions consist of:
- A prepared solo or etude, up to 3 minutes in length (chosen solo or etude should demonstrate both technical and lyrical styles)
- Assigned audition excerpts below.
- Virtual auditions are an option for any student that feels a need to do so.
- A video audition should be sent to Dr. Ahn firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Regier email@example.com by Wednesday August 19th at 2:00 pm.
Before your audition, you must:
- Complete an informational questionnaire by clicking here. This form will need to be completed prior to signing up for an audition time slot.
- Sign up for an audition time. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION TIME SLOT If you are auditioning for both band and orchestra on the same instrument, you need to sign up for only ONE audition time.
- Print out and complete one audition sheet which can be found here. This form must be presented to the attending faculty at the time of your audition.
Please contact Dr. Ahn firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding auditions or the IWU instrumental ensembles.
The Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Winds rehearses Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 12:30 to 1:50pm. All rehearsals are held in Presser Hall 167 and are lead by Dr. Ahn (email@example.com).
We look forward to seeing you at auditions!