Illinois Wesleyan Wind Ensemble
Results of your audition will determine which ensemble(s) you will be placed in. All musicians of any experience and ability are encouraged to audition! Musicians can play in both Wind Ensemble and the orchestra. For orchestra audition information click here. If you are auditioning for both Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble, you only need to audition once. Auditions will be held in Westbrook and Room 167 of Presser Hall. The dates are Monday 8/23 and Tuesday 8/24.
Band auditions consist of:
- A prepared solo (1-2 minutes)
- Assigned audition excerpts (attached below)
- Scales (attached below)
Before your audition, you must:
- Complete an informational questionnaire by clicking here. This form will need to be completed prior to signing up for an audition time slot.
- Sign up for an audition time. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION TIME SLOT If you are auditioning for both band and orchestra on the same instrument, you need to sign up for only ONE audition time. Percussion please sign up for a time slot in 167.
- Print out and complete one audition sheet which can be found here. This form must be presented to the attending faculty at the time of your audition.
Please contact Dr. Ahn email@example.com for any questions regarding auditions or the IWU instrumental ensembles.
The Wind Ensemble rehearses Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 12:30 to 1:50pm. All rehearsals are held in Presser Hall 167 and are lead by Dr. Ahn (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Regier (email@example.com).
We look forward to seeing you at auditions!