Do you want to get some real feel of working in the health industry? Do you want to know in what ways you can contribute to others’ health and wellness? Check out these awesome ongoing volunteering opportunities OSF Joseph Medical Center provides:
1. Karing Partners: These dogs and their owners bring such comfort and smiles to our patients and are some of the most popular visitors here! If your dog is a Certified Therapy Dog or if you would like to become one, please contact Volunteer Services to learn more.
2. Transport Services: These folks are the smiling faces behind the patient wheelchairs and happy escorts for our visitors all over the medical center campus. You will meet new people every day, plus it’s great for your health!
3. Patient Education Assistant: These volunteers will interact with patients, assisting them with accessing health care videos prescribed for their care plan.
4. Emergency Department Patient Liaisons: This volunteer position is especially suited for anyone wanting to learn more about emergency or trauma services. This position requires one four-hour shift per week with some shift flexibility.
5. Outpatient Services Assistants: Volunteers will assist the staff with welcoming all outpatient guests and escorting patients throughout the Outpatient Services area. Volunteers will make coffee, take specimens to the inpatient lab, and assist the staff with a variety of duties.
6. Guest Services Receptionists: These volunteers are the friendly ambassadors of the medical center who welcome all our guests, answer the phones and dispatch the transporters, help people find their way, and do a myriad of multitasking during their shift.
7. Patient Advocates: This person will visit all new inpatients to ask them about their stay and help them know how to address any concerns they may have. Advocates also help patients and their families become familiar with OSF St. Joseph Medical Center.
8. Volunteer Office Assistant: Afternoon volunteers answer phones, assist with computer data entry, generate reports and help with other duties as needed in the Volunteer Office.
9. Special Projects: Just as the name states, these volunteers are available to work on special mailings, and other large volume projects from marketing or other departments. Schedule varies by project need.
Interested in the above opporunities? Sign up online for volunteering here! Need more information? Ccontact Director of Volunteer Services Bobbi Hynes at (309) 665-4728