Nick Anderson: CPP Program ’13

State Farm: I researched how acquisition and retention departments in marketing could better leverage corporate social responsibility in their direct marketing channels. I researched best practices for email marketing campaigns. I designed a small business lead-tracking template.  nickanderson

Community: At Habitat for Humanity, I started The Playhouse Project to provide a way for volunteers under age 16 to get involved with Habitat for Humanity projects. I developed and implemented a marketing plan for Women Build’s $20,000 fundraiser. I filmed various build days to create more content for Habitat for Humanity’s social media channels.

Grant Summary: Habitat for Humanity of McLean County is partnering with Illinois Wesleyan University’s Habitat for Humanity Chapter, St. John’s Lutheran Church Youth Group, Habitat for Humanity ReStore, The Tool Library, and WJBC to further pursue the mission of eliminating poverty housing in McLean County. Habitat for Humanity of McLean County is requesting $500 for the pilot program of The Playhouse Project. This new program will involve Illinois Wesleyan University’s Habitat for Humanity Chapter collaborating with the youth in the Bloomington-Normal area who are too young to work at a Habitat build site (under 16) to design, build, and raffle a playhouse in order to raise money to build a new Habitat home each build season. St. John’s Lutheran Church Youth Group will utilize the leadership and mentoring of these partners to empower Bloomington-Normal’s youth to lead volunteer projects and build a strong philanthropic foundation for their futures.

Message from Nick- “Thank you to everyone at State Farm and Habitat for Humanity who has been so welcoming and accommodating to me. I have really enjoyed this experience and have learned invaluable things along the way.”