The Adventure of a lifetime! The Blog of Jake Garcias 8 week stay working at St. Frances Cabrini Medical Center(SFCMC)

Welcome to another Blog at Illinois Wesleyan. My name is Jake Garcia and I am an upcoming senior nursing major who will spend the majority of my summer break in the Philippines gaining clinical experience at SFCMC. For a little bit more about myself, this will be my first time in the Philippines, let alone my first time in continent Asia. However, world traveling is not new to me instead, it is a passion of mine as I had the opportunity to study abroad in Spain in the Spring of 2021 and just got home from a three week may term course studying transcultural healthcare in Hawaii. 

When I first came to Wesleyan, I heard about the Freeman Asia opportunity and knew it was something I was extremely interested in. This dream is now becoming a reality! I am now just a short week away from departure and can not be more excited to take on this experience. I plan to upload pictures throughout my time there onto this blog every Sunday. Feel free to come along (virtually) for the ride of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

One response to “The Adventure of a lifetime! The Blog of Jake Garcias 8 week stay working at St. Frances Cabrini Medical Center(SFCMC)