Michael Rampey ’04 of Evanston, Illinois, died May 11, 2020. He was 39. Michael was an executive director at Morgan Stanley. He was a member of Evanston Vineyard Church, where he often shared his gift of music. Michael loved music, soccer and time with his family. He is survived by his wife, two children, parents, grandfather, four nephews, and many aunts, uncles and cousins. Read the full obituary here.
We regret to inform you that Bradley Andrews passed away on Wednesday, April 08, 2020. His obituary can be found here.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Lindsey Fitzharris is hosting a Smithsonian Channel series, “The Life and Death of…,” airing 2020. More about her and the program can be found here. Congratulations, Lindsey!
Brandon Christol ’04 and wife Susanne Bertucco welcomed baby boy Ben Bertucco Christol on April 22, 2019!
Congratulations Brandon and Susanne!
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)
Janice Scidmore (Ruhl) ’04 and her husband, Brian, just opened a pottery shop in Downtown Bloomington called Cracked Up Pottery. They will be selling Brian’s pottery, hosting studio space for artists to throw their own pottery on the wheel, and will have classes for individuals or groups to learn how to make pottery using a potters wheel.
Congratulations, Janice and Brian!
Amy ’04 and Leo Flores welcomed Elena Grace on September 12, 2017.