Sheena (Selvey) Watterson ’04 and her husband Adam gave birth to their child, Camden Leigh Watterson on November 2nd, 2020. Congratulations to them on the newest addition to their family!
Central Illinois Business Magazine named Illinois Wesleyan University alumna Gianina Baker ’04 its Woman of the Year from the publication’s “Forty Under 40” class.
Baker is the associate director at the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA), a resource-research institute founded to discover, document, and disseminate effective assessment of student learning practices at colleges and universities. She is also vice president of the Champaign Community Unit School District 4 school board and recently helped pass a resolution that declares racism a public health crisis, ensuring that the necessary attention and resources will be directed to this issue.
Baker graduated from Illinois Wesleyan in 2004 with a degree in psychology, before earning a master’s degree in human development counseling from Saint Louis University and a Ph.D. in education policy, organization & leadership from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
One of the most decorated student-athletes in Illinois Wesleyan history, Baker was an eight-time All-American, and a member of the 2004 Indoor National Champion 4×400 meter relay team. Baker was also president of the Black Student Union; co-President of the Student Athletic Advisory Committee; resident advisor; and assisted/led/hosted a variety of initiatives on the IWU campus.
Baker remains involved with Illinois Wesleyan as a member of the Council for Women. She will be among the presenters for a Titan Talks webinar on Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 6 p.m. titled: “ Leaders in Education – Rising to the Challenges of COVID-19.”
Central Illinois Business Magazine ’s “Forty Under 40” recognizes the professional achievements and community involvement of young leaders in Central Illinois.
Read more here.
Tristan Gunn returned to Wesleyan virtually as a panelist for the Hart Career Center’s Law Career Panel on October 15th. Thank you, Tristan!
David Zohfeld ’04 and Vanessa Ramirez welcomed Lucy Patricia Zohfeld to the world on 7/22/20. Congratulations!
Laura (Sahn) Cover ‘04 and her husband Ross welcomed baby boy Charles (Charlie) Robert Cover on June 8, 2020. Laura says, “It’s been a little busy since then. Our 8 lb, 21” long guy is doing great and has two very proud big brothers.”
Congratulations to the Cover family!
We are saddened to inform you of the passing of Jeremy Brunner ‘04. Jeremy passed away on July 12, 2020. Read his full obituary here.
Michael Rampey ’04 of Evanston, Illinois, died May 11, 2020. He was 39. Michael was an executive director at Morgan Stanley. He was a member of Evanston Vineyard Church, where he often shared his gift of music. Michael loved music, soccer and time with his family. He is survived by his wife, two children, parents, grandfather, four nephews, and many aunts, uncles and cousins. Read the full obituary here.
We regret to inform you that Bradley Andrews passed away on Wednesday, April 08, 2020. His obituary can be found here.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.