- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Lindsey Fitzharris is hosting a Smithsonian Channel series, “The Life and Death of…,” airing 2020. More about her and the program can be found here. Congratulations, Lindsey!
Jordan Ault ’04, as a partner in the Jefferson City, Missouri, office of Husch Blackwell, recently launched and co-chairs the firm’s Nonprofit Organizations and Religious Institutions team. In June, he was elected to serve as Chancellor to the Missouri Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church and represents over 700 churches across the state. He is one of four Missouri attorneys to be awarded the 2019 Pro Bono Publico Award from the Missouri Bar for outstanding pro bono service to indigent or low-income persons in need of legal assistance. Jordan received the honor for his work challenging Missouri’s parole policies on behalf of a class of Missouri youthful offenders that received mandatory sentences of life without parole. Jordan helped secure summary judgment in favor of the class, resulting in new parole procedures that give class members a meaningful and realistic opportunity for release based on demonstrated maturity and rehabilitation. He lives with his wife, Rev. Chelsey Hillyer ’05, and their daughter, Jo.
Brandon Christol ’04 and wife Susanne Bertucco welcomed baby boy Ben Bertucco Christol on April 22, 2019!
Congratulations Brandon and Susanne!
After 6 months serving as the interim Director of Family and Community Health, Becky became the Director of Maternal Child Health for the City of Milwaukee Health Department in 5/2019. Becky was also selected as a New Leaders Council 2019 Fellow.
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)
Milestone Reunion Challenge! An anonymous donor from the class of 1994 will donate $50 per gift, up to $50,000, made by alumni celebrating a milestone reunion this year (grad years ending in in 4 or 9).
Check out the All In Happy Hours taking place around the country. Show your Titan pride by spreading the word about All In for Wesleyan to your personal networks via social media, calls, texts, emails, etc.
You’ll have a great time while encouraging others to make an additional gift on All In and share stories about how IWU Unlocked Opportunities for each of us.
Visit our webpage for more information and registration.