Tristan Gunn returned to Wesleyan virtually as a panelist for the Hart Career Center’s Law Career Panel on October 15th. Thank you, Tristan!
David Zohfeld ’04 and Vanessa Ramirez welcomed Lucy Patricia Zohfeld to the world on 7/22/20. Congratulations!
Laura (Sahn) Cover ‘04 and her husband Ross welcomed baby boy Charles (Charlie) Robert Cover on June 8, 2020. Laura says, “It’s been a little busy since then. Our 8 lb, 21” long guy is doing great and has two very proud big brothers.”
Congratulations to the Cover family!
We are saddened to inform you of the passing of Jeremy Brunner ‘04. Jeremy passed away on July 12, 2020. Read his full obituary here.
Michael Rampey ’04 of Evanston, Illinois, died May 11, 2020. He was 39. Michael was an executive director at Morgan Stanley. He was a member of Evanston Vineyard Church, where he often shared his gift of music. Michael loved music, soccer and time with his family. He is survived by his wife, two children, parents, grandfather, four nephews, and many aunts, uncles and cousins. Read the full obituary here.
We regret to inform you that Bradley Andrews passed away on Wednesday, April 08, 2020. His obituary can be found here.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Lindsey Fitzharris is hosting a Smithsonian Channel series, “The Life and Death of…,” airing 2020. More about her and the program can be found here. Congratulations, Lindsey!
Jordan Ault ’04, as a partner in the Jefferson City, Missouri, office of Husch Blackwell, recently launched and co-chairs the firm’s Nonprofit Organizations and Religious Institutions team. In June, he was elected to serve as Chancellor to the Missouri Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church and represents over 700 churches across the state. He is one of four Missouri attorneys to be awarded the 2019 Pro Bono Publico Award from the Missouri Bar for outstanding pro bono service to indigent or low-income persons in need of legal assistance. Jordan received the honor for his work challenging Missouri’s parole policies on behalf of a class of Missouri youthful offenders that received mandatory sentences of life without parole. Jordan helped secure summary judgment in favor of the class, resulting in new parole procedures that give class members a meaningful and realistic opportunity for release based on demonstrated maturity and rehabilitation. He lives with his wife, Rev. Chelsey Hillyer ’05, and their daughter, Jo.