Debbie (Bartell) Hochdoerffer and her husband, Jan Hochdoerffer, welcomed Lea Jean Hochdoerffer to the world on July 3, 2020. Congrats to the Hochdoerffer family!
In May of 2020 Sarah Mysiewicz Gill ‘06 graduated 1st in her class from Catholic Law School while working full time. After working for nearly nine years with AARP as the private sector retirement lead for the Association’s state government affairs team, she started a new job as an associate at Groom Law Group in Washington, D.C., where she works as a tax and retirement attorney.
Wow! You sure have been busy, Sarah! Keep up the great work!
Thank you very much to John Haugen ’06, who spoke virtually on 4/3 as a sustainability and impact consultant that works with organizations of all types to identify ways to improve environmental and social impacts. Haugen walked through some samples of his sustainability advisory work with Fortune 500 companies and leading nonprofits.
John Haugen ’06 and Elizabeth Haugen welcomed their child Hazel Haugen in January 2020. Congrats to the Haugen family!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Congratulations to Jessica Sarros ’06 and Arin Sarros for the arrival of their child, Benjamin Michael Sarros!