Mike McGraw ’06, President and owner of McGraw Enterprises, Inc., was recently selected as a recipient of a “40 Under 40” business leader award in the Springfield and surrounding community area. Sponsored by the Springfield Business Journal, the award features 40 leaders who are under the age of 40 and are selected based on their contributions to our local business community and the community in which they reside. The recipients, in part, represent the future of business in Central Illinois communities. Mike is the owner/operator of McGraw Family McDonald’s(R) in the Springfield, Litchfield and Williamsville areas. He is involved in the McDonald’s Corporation OPNAD Owner/Operator Group, Secretary of the Board of Directors of the Ronald McDonald House of Central Illinois and is a member of the Springfield First United Methodist Church.
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
In May of 2020 Sarah Mysiewicz Gill ‘06 graduated 1st in her class from Catholic Law School while working full time. After working for nearly nine years with AARP as the private sector retirement lead for the Association’s state government affairs team, she started a new job as an associate at Groom Law Group in Washington, D.C., where she works as a tax and retirement attorney.
Wow! You sure have been busy, Sarah! Keep up the great work!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Lindsay (Hawley) Nathan ’06 and Derek Nathan welcomed new baby, Liam Raymond Nathan, on July 9, 2019!
Congratulations Lindsay and Derek!
Dr. Lindsay Sicks ’06 had the opportunity to work with fellow Titan Dr. Erick Henderson ’12 at the American Optometric Association annual meeting in St. Louis, MO. Both work with contact lens industry partners to teach practitioners across the country about specialty contact lens designs. They spent the day teaching optometrists and optometry students about scleral contact lens fitting!
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)
Check out the All In Happy Hours taking place around the country. Show your Titan pride by spreading the word about All In for Wesleyan to your personal networks via social media, calls, texts, emails, etc.
You’ll have a great time while encouraging others to make an additional gift on All In and share stories about how IWU Unlocked Opportunities for each of us. Visit our webpage for more information and registration.
Jessica and Scott Rzepka welcomed Charles Scott on August 1, 2018. Congratulations!