- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Thank you to Josh Steinhaus ’02 for speaking to Fred Hoyt’s Marketing 339 class in October about experience in sales.
Charlene Recio ’02 was recently elected President of the 2020 Executive Board by members of the Will County Women’s Bar Association. Here is the link to the article.
Michael Mayo ’02 and his spouse Sarah Evans ’03 moved to Wales to pursue Sarah’s dream of studying in her family’s homeland, and Michael’s dream of working abroad. They filmed an episode of House Hunters International in December, which will likely air this spring. They continue to support the School of Art “Mayo Award” for outstanding juried exhibition efforts.
Matt Garard ’02 and his wife Elizabeth welcomed a baby boy, Levi Henry Garard, on February 22, 2019.
Welcome to the world Levi!!
Elizabeth Kensek ’02 was hired as Associate Producer by the Board of Directors of WaterTower Theatre, along with Shane Peterman, Producing Artistic Director. Here is the link to the article about her accomplishment.
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)
Mark Ordonez ’02 and Christina Ordonez welcomed Charlotte Grace on June 29, 2018. Congrats on your new addition!
Check out the All In Happy Hours taking place around the country. Show your Titan pride by spreading the word about All In for Wesleyan to your personal networks via social media, calls, texts, emails, etc.
You’ll have a great time while encouraging others to make an additional gift on All In and share stories about how IWU Unlocked Opportunities for each of us. Visit our webpage for more information and registration.