Mike Mayo returned to Illinois Wesleyan’s campus on April 13, 2019, to present the Mayo Alumni Award at the annual student art reception and awards ceremony in the Merwin and Wakeley galleries. Mike has sponsored the prize, awarded to students who share his passion for fine arts, for the past 11 years. While visting campus, Mike showed his children two of his pieces, completed while he was an IWU student, displayed in IWU’s Center for the Liberal Arts.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Shelby Sours ’02 recently performed in Chess, a musical.
Set in 1979 at the International World Chess Championship, this highly acclaimed musical develops the ancient and distinguished game of chess into a metaphor for romantic rivalries and East-West political intrigue. The players, lovers, politicians, CIA and KGB make their moves to the pulse of this monumental rock score. Several numbers, including “One Night in Bangkok” and “I Know Him So Well”, are international hits.
How well do you know Illinois Wesleyan University?
IWU Crossword ANSWER KEY
Show your Titan Pride!
From now through July 31, you can receive a pair of Illinois Wesleyan socks with your gift of $25 or more. All proceeds, unless otherwise designated, will support current students through the Wesleyan Fund.
These limited edition socks are only available through the end of the month.
Get yours by making a gift of $25 or more at titanpride.org/socks today!
(This offer only applies to individuals who make a gift of $25 or more by July 31. Limit 1 pair per donor.
Per IRS regulations, the $10 cost of the socks is not tax-deductible.)
THANK YOU to all of our fiscal year 2015 donors! Illinois Wesleyan University‘s alumni participation rate has increased for the third year in a row thanks to the generosity of donors like you! Your support helps to ensure IWU is stronger and more affordable for current and future generations of Titans. You’ve done well, and you’ve done good! Go Titans!
Without alumni support, IWU simply wouldn’t be the same. Time is running out to make a difference this fiscal year. Help to keep IWU moving forward and show your Titan Pride by making a gift before this Friday, July 31!