Corey Schieler ’97, an investment professional at State Farm for the past 23 years, spoke to Illinois Wesleyan scholarship recipients about State Farm’s significant investment in their education and future at the annual State Farm Scholars Luncheon on Feb. 20, 2019. Thank you, Corey!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Three guest composers and four alumni performers graced the Westbrook stage during Illinois Wesleyan’s New Music Cafe concert on Thursday, March 8. IWU’s own Kyle Shaw, Bloomington native Edward Breitweiser, and Will Pearson, a U of I doctoral composer who has taught recently at IWU, are the composers. The alumni, all of whom have careers as college professors, preformed contemporary art songs. They were soprano Jamie-Rose (Guarrine) Knapp ’00, who taught at IWU several years ago; her husband, cellist Karl Knapp ’00; bass-baritone Seth Keeton ’98; and pianist Robert Elfline ’97. Rounding out the program was a performance of Three Songs by Northern Illinois University professor emeritus Jan Bach, performed by IWU professors Ingrid Kammin and Andrew Voelker.
Tuesday, April 3rd is our day of giving at Illinois Wesleyan and this year’s theme is
Not only is today a day for giving, it’s a day to celebrate IWU and all of the things that make it special. Last year, our class had an impressive 25 donors, and we contributed $3,252. Let’s think bigger and surpass last year’s donors and dollars contributed! Think of the impact this can make for IWU students and their families!
Click here to learn more and to donate on Tuesday, April 3rd.
Help spread the word using #AllInForWesleyan and take advantage of our social media toolkit.
How well do you know Illinois Wesleyan University?
IWU Crossword ANSWER KEY
As IWU celebrates Titans Around the World at Homecoming this weekend, we will also honor our alumni who served worldwide as veterans and first-responders, including Captain Ryan A. Beaupre ’95. We will remember Ryan and all veterans and first-responders who have given their lives in the service of others and our country. Presenting the colors will be American Legion Color Guard Post 635 Normal and Post 56 from Bloomington. The ceremony will take place this Saturday, October 14th at 12:45 p.m., prior to the Homecoming Football game at Tucci Stadium and will include the National Anthem sung by Wayne Messmer ’72. Classmates and friends can view the ceremony on streaming video live at https://portal.stretchinternet.com/iwu/.
Homecoming 2017 is right around the corner!
You can register now here
A few noteworthy events:
- Back to College Classes Friday and Saturday – The Ames Library, Beckman Auditorium
- Family Fun on the Quad Saturday 8:30-11 – Eckley Quadrangle
- Titan Tailgate Featuring Local Food Trucks Saturday 10AM-1PM – Shirk Center Parking Lot
- “Club Tommy” Saturday, 6-9pm (Cost: $20) – Young Main Lounge in the Memorial Center
You can see the full schedule of Homecoming 2017 events here