Julie Brown-Haapapuro ‘93 has served as the head of Human Resources for PBS Distribution, in Arlington, Virginia, since 2018. She previously served in a variety of human resources roles, most recently at MicroStrategy and Freddie Mac. She also serves as President of JBH Consulting, Inc., a human resources consulting service she founded in 2010.
Shaye Mandle ‘93 took part in a panel discussion on the technological and economic renaissance taking place in Rochester, Minnesota, hosted by Finance and Commerce. Shaye has served as president and CEO of the Medical Alley Association since May 2014, overseeing a period of dramatic growth and transformation for the association.
Thank you to Todd Stocke ’93 who gave a virtual Titan Career Chat called Book Publishing 101 on 4/20/20, concerning his experience as Senior Vice President and Editorial Director of Sourcebooks, one of the world’s leading independent book publishers.
In an IWU Webinar, Mark Denzler ’93, president and CEO of the Illinois Manufacturers Association, discussed the pandemic response led by the Illinois Essential Equipment Task Force, which he co-chairs.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Mark Denzler ’93 is the CEO and president of the Illinois Manufacturers’ Association and will continue to serve on the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board, with a new appointment by Governor JB Pritzker. Here is the link to the article.
Keep up the great work, Mark!
Scott Schoonover ’93 is the founding artistic director of St. Louis’ Union Avenue Opera, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2019
Read more here!
Marybeth is assistant editor, along with Barbara Klaw, Sylvie Le Bon de Beauvoir, and Margaret A. Simons, of Diary of a Philosophy Student, Volume 2, 1928-29 by Simone de Beauvoir. Published in June 2019 by the University of Illinois Press, this volume is the latest in the Beauvoir Series, a 7-volume collection of the writings of Simone de Beauvoir. Marybeth has been involved as contributing translator or editor for 6 of the 7 volumes.
See www.press.uillinois.edu/books/find_books.html?type=series&search=Sbw for more information about the Series.
See http://go.illinois.edu/s19beauvoir for more information on this latest volume.