Julie Brown-Haapapuro ‘93 has served as the head of Human Resources for PBS Distribution, in Arlington, Virginia, since 2018. She previously served in a variety of human resources roles, most recently at MicroStrategy and Freddie Mac. She also serves as President of JBH Consulting, Inc., a human resources consulting service she founded in 2010.
Shaye Mandle ‘93 took part in a panel discussion on the technological and economic renaissance taking place in Rochester, Minnesota, hosted by Finance and Commerce. Shaye has served as president and CEO of the Medical Alley Association since May 2014, overseeing a period of dramatic growth and transformation for the association.
Thank you to Todd Stocke ’93 who gave a virtual Titan Career Chat called Book Publishing 101 on 4/20/20, concerning his experience as Senior Vice President and Editorial Director of Sourcebooks, one of the world’s leading independent book publishers.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Melissa Beaver ’93 volunteered at the Hart Career Center Professional Etiquette Dinner in January on campus. Thank you, Melissa, for helping out current students and giving back.
Mark Anderson ’93 and his siblings Erik and Lauren performed their 3rd annual Anderson Family Holiday Jamboree on December 22 at FitzGerald’s in Berwyn, Il. Read more about the performance at https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/oak-park/ct-oak-ent-anderson-jamboree-1219-20191209-zmlfhhno2fdqhfyi2iny6ujglu-story.html
Shaye Mandle ’93, president and CEO of the Medical Alley Association has announced its collaboration with Accenture for the Healthcare Transformation Initiative at Medical Alley (HTI–MA), a campaign that will “redefine the course of healthcare”. A link to the article can be found here. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191118005512/en/Medical-Alley-Association-Accenture-Collaborate-Lead-Healthcare
He was also a panelist for a discussion with Finance & Commerce focusing on the anticipated technological and economic renaissance in Rochester, Minnesota. More information can be found in the following article. https://finance-commerce.com/2019/12/expert-forum-creating-a-cluster-of-innovation-in-rochester
Congratulations to Shaye on all he continues to do transform healthcare.
Marie (Tarbell) Zahorick ’93 is a certified and licensed family nurse practitioner after earning a master’s degree from Purdue University Northwest in 2018. Congratulations Marie.