Jason Chambers was sworn in as a Circuit Judge for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit, covering Ford, Livingston, Logan, McLean and Woodford Counties. He was elected circuit-wide on November 3, 2020 in the circuit covering a portion of Central Illinois. He is currently presiding over cases in McLean County. Before being elected to a full term, he had been appointed to fill a vacancy on the bench by a unanimous order of the Illinois Supreme Court beginning in August of 2018. Prior to that, he was twice elected to the position of State’s Attorney for McLean County.
Remembering classmate Tony Kelley who passed away last summer.
Anthony Kelley ’93 of Ames Iowa, died July 11, 2020. He was 49. Tony studied risk management and financial services at Illinois Wesleyan. He went on to a career in banking and finance, most recently serving as the vice president in charge of compliance for Varo Money. Tony enjoyed going to the gym, running, and golfing. He was an avid sports fan and loved the Iowa Hawkeyes. He is survived by his two children, his parents, two siblings, grandmother, and several nieces and nephews.
Michael Howard ’93 was featured in the Sheridan Road Magazine, here, for serving the community on the frontlines of the oncoming pandemic. Congrats!
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
Julie Brown-Haapapuro ‘93 has served as the head of Human Resources for PBS Distribution, in Arlington, Virginia, since 2018. She previously served in a variety of human resources roles, most recently at MicroStrategy and Freddie Mac. She also serves as President of JBH Consulting, Inc., a human resources consulting service she founded in 2010.
Shaye Mandle ‘93 took part in a panel discussion on the technological and economic renaissance taking place in Rochester, Minnesota, hosted by Finance and Commerce. Shaye has served as president and CEO of the Medical Alley Association since May 2014, overseeing a period of dramatic growth and transformation for the association.
Thank you to Todd Stocke ’93 who gave a virtual Titan Career Chat called Book Publishing 101 on 4/20/20, concerning his experience as Senior Vice President and Editorial Director of Sourcebooks, one of the world’s leading independent book publishers.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.