Class of 1975 Note from Debbie Burt Frazier

Hello Titans!

These are some exciting times, in which we live. Thirty-eight years ago, in 1978, I was 26 years old. That was the year of the last total solar eclipse. I made a pin-hole viewer out of an old shoebox and took a look, for myself. Tomorrow, I will be blessed to witness another one, this time with special protective sunglasses. Maybe you remember your last solar eclipse, I sure hope so. This time you may have children or grandchildren to share in the excitement. Not to mention being in a whole new century, this time. Take care and enjoy!

As summer winds to a close, and ushers in autumn, please take the time to reflect and count your many blessings, my fellow Titans. I hope that you can look forward and see many more of them ahead. I trust that your summer included some vacation time, some respite, and a little discovery. Nature will soon unfold its season of many colors, autumn. Coming this fall, and every fall is homecoming at Illinois Wesleyan. I hope that you, like me, are planning to come home. There is simply nothing as grand as walking across the QUAD under the shade of the many magnificent trees.

As we get closer to October 13th, homecoming weekend, I will share more information with you. You should have already received your postcard reminder, which previewed the weekend’s events. One pretty special celebration is the 25th anniversary of the Minority Alumni Network, M.A.N. for short. There will be a Saturday, evening gala beginning at 8pm in Hansen on Saturday, October 14th. Please, plan to attend, if you do not have a class dinner. We would be glad to have you share in our celebration.

Well, I have to run now, no not literally! (smile) Talk to you again, soon.

DRBF
IWU -Newsletter
Debbie Burt-Frazier, August 20, 2017

2 thoughts on “Class of 1975 Note from Debbie Burt Frazier

1. Hi Debbie, We did have our glasses to view the eclipse in Florida. Very impressive. I also remember the box from last time. I liked the glasses better.
    Thanks, Maggie Molloy Arndt

2. Thank you, Debbie, for your perspective and life-reminders. I was amazed to get to view the recent eclipse from atop a little knoll in the woods of Brevard, North Carolina……right in the path of Totality. Pretty dang awesome. Especially considering we got a last-minute cloud cover and all of us kind of quietly got worried. Then……out came the moon/sun combination. And big supplies of Wonder.

My best to you!
    Claudia Brogan ’77