James Cameron ’65: 50th Reunion Memories

I realize that IWU’s 50th Reunion is fast approaching in October. Whether we go or not depends on our travel schedule at that time of the year since October is probably the single nicest time to travel during the calendar year. We always try to go somewhere during this time of the year.
Our bio is short: I graduated from IWU obviously in 1965, after which I attended UIUC andearned a Master’s degree in Spanish in August, 1966. I then taught for 34 years at Proviso WestHigh School in Hillside, a near-in Cook county suburb.  I  married Lora Peterson, IWU Class of 1966, and we are coming up on our 48th wedding anniversary in June. Lora principally taught second grade in Glendale Heights for 28 years.
We have two kids, Carrie and Brian, and two grandkids, Cadie and Cameron, all of whom live within a 55-minute drive from Aurora.  Brian is a confirmed  bachelor.
We have been retired for 15 and 14 years respectively, and we enjoy our retirements to the fullest. It’s nice to have time as your friend and not your enemy, so to speak , we travel as much as we can, getting away at least four times a year.  We used to travel a lot in Europe and South America, but as of late, we ‘re trying to concentrate on the good ‘ol USA and Canada.  I read and work on the computer when I feel like it. I used to be a ham radio operator and worked people all around the world: the ultimate “rush” for me.
We still maintain loose contact with Don Cavallini and Carl Lauer, (IWU-65 also)  both of whom still live in the Bloomington area but who are now enjoying life in Florida and Arizona respectively . We try to get together with them every few years and catch up.