Congratulations to Jen ’15 and David Laflamme on the birth of their newest Tiny Titan, Benjamin David Laflamme, on February 15. 2021!
Congratulations to Maddie Fink ’15 who recently welcomed Elaine “Ellie” Fink to the world, on March 14, 2021.
Jeffrey Jerome ’15 of Tempe, Arizona, died Jan. 8, 2021. He was 28.
Jeffrey served as a captain of the football team and was active in Sigma Chi at Illinois Wesleyan. He worked as a claim representative for State Farm. He loved sports and enjoyed being outside. He especially enjoyed hiking and golfing. He was known for having a big heart and being a friend to many. He is survived by his parents, brother, grandmother, a special friend, and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.
Edited by Kyle O’Daniel ’15 and Erin Mikulec (Illinois State University), Writing Out of the Closet: LGBTQ Voices from High School is an anthology of writing and art exclusively by LGBTQ teens. Their works provide a unique insight into the experiences of modern LGBTQ youth and are a poignant reminder for LGBTQ students that there are others like them across the country and around the globe, and that their voices and stories have meaning and value.
Introduction is provided by Kyle.
Read more here.
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
Congratulations to Nicholas Mark and his wife, Sabrina! They welcomed their tiny titan, Beauden, on August 20th, 2020!
Ianne Fields Stewart stars as Roberta in the Netflix hit Dash & Lily, based on the book Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn. Congratulations to them and we wish them all the best!
Brittany Brady ‘15 serves as Wellness House’s oncology education coordinator. Wellness House is a nonprofit in Hinsdale, Illinois, providing free programming for people impacted by cancer. On Thursday, June 4th, Wellness House will be hosting a virtual presentation. Guest speaker Sandra Steingraber ’81 will speak about her life’s work investigating the links between human health, cancer and environmental toxins. Sandra is a biologist, author and cancer survivor herself.
You are all invited to join the virtual presentation on June 4 at 6:30 p.m. (CST) using this link!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.