Congratulations to Nicholas Mark and his wife, Sabrina! They welcomed their tiny titan, Beauden, on August 20th, 2020!
Ianne Fields Stewart stars as Roberta in the Netflix hit Dash & Lily, based on the book Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn. Congratulations to them and we wish them all the best!
Brittany Brady ‘15 serves as Wellness House’s oncology education coordinator. Wellness House is a nonprofit in Hinsdale, Illinois, providing free programming for people impacted by cancer. On Thursday, June 4th, Wellness House will be hosting a virtual presentation. Guest speaker Sandra Steingraber ’81 will speak about her life’s work investigating the links between human health, cancer and environmental toxins. Sandra is a biologist, author and cancer survivor herself.
You are all invited to join the virtual presentation on June 4 at 6:30 p.m. (CST) using this link!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Amy DeBoer ’15 is currently working on her Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction, she is set to complete her degree in May of 2020.
Keep up the great work, Amy! You’re almost there!
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Alexandra Bidner ’15 graduated with a Master of Education Degree in Curriculum & Instruction from the University of Illinois in 2019.
Dr. Kyle M. Chin ’15 earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, and is now a general and cosmetic dentist serving patients in the Chicagoland area at DRs. Chin and Lee LLC in South Barrington, Illinois. Click here to read more about Dr. Chin’s work.
Keep up the great work, Dr.!
David Podrazik ’15 married Melissa Umansky ’16 on September 21st, 2019 at the IWU Evelyn Chapel surrounded by family and friends, with many IWU alumni in attendance.
Please join me in congratulating the newlyweds!