Thank you to Melissa Ramirez ’14, who spoke on January 20th to faculty and staff about her experience as a Latina on IWU’s predominantly white campus. This year, IWU had MLK Day off and faculty and staff utilized the day for professional development.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Congratulations to Hannah ’14 and Neal Phelps, who welcomed their child Charlotte Rose Phelps in early March!
Thank you to Colleen O’Connor ‘14, who volunteered to eat lunch and talk with students during the Psychology and Sociology Luncheon on 2/12/20, concerning her experience as a Prevention Education Specialist for Project Oz.
Michael Sloboda ’12 and Jennifer Sloboda ’14 welcomed their child Grace Rose Slobada on January 30, 2020. Congratulations to them!
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Sarah Bussmann ’14 graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with Masters in Statistics in May 2019!
Vanessa (Rodriguez) Macias ’14 and Alejandro Macias welcomed new baby, Caliana Arya Macias, on June 1, 2019!
Congratulations Vanessa and Alejandro!
Each year YWCA McLean County gives special recognition to women who have made their mark on our community. Colleen O’Connor ’14 has been named a 2019 nominee for the The Women of Distinction Award. Colleen’s contributions as well as those of other nominees were celebrated at the 30th annual Women of Distinction Awards Banquet on June 25, 2019.