A’kya Adams-White ’14 married Deshoun White on October 23, 2021. A belated congrats to them!
Shelby Kottemann ’14 recently published her first book, Evolution of a Soul, with Willow Tree Press. The story follows Allie, “a young lady with a big and open heart.” The book is available on Amazon and will soon be sold through Barnes & Noble.
William Frank ’14 started his new job on October 6th as a Custodian in the Physical Plant at Illinois Wesleyan. Congratulations!
Mike Heaton ’14 and his wife Kalene welcomed their daughter, Chelsea, into the world on October 20, 2020. A belated congratulations to the parents!
Filip Swist ’14 married Melissa (Mariotti) Swist ’15 on July 17, 2021. Congratulations to the newlyweds!
Laura (Woodsmall) Hardisty ’14 and Huntington Hardisty welcomed their child, Judah Everett Hardisty into their family on April 8, 2020. A delayed congratulations to them!
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
Thank you to Melissa Ramirez ’14, who spoke on January 20th to faculty and staff about her experience as a Latina on IWU’s predominantly white campus. This year, IWU had MLK Day off and faculty and staff utilized the day for professional development.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.