Jessica Schaeffer ‘11, Senior Director with LaSalle Network, discussed tips for job hunting and employment opportunities during the COVID-19 pandemic in two different sessions. Click here to read what she had to say.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank you to Bianca Cotton ’11, volunteered to eat lunch and talk with students during the Psychology and Sociology Luncheon on 2/12/20, concerning Bianca’s experience as a leader of United Way of Metropolitan Chicago’s AmeriCorps program. She is also the author of 3 books geared towards women overcoming their fears. Her website is: behindtheconfidentsmile.com
Congratulations to Stephie ’11 and Alex Predmore, who recently welcomed Eden Noelle Predmore to the family! Eden was born on February 8th, 2020.
Ryan Jenkins ’11 played on the IWU football team and lettered all years there. He made first team all-american defensive end in 2011 and best lineman three times. Was the first african american student to win First Team All American as voted by AFCA in school history and still the only one. Ryan reports that he majored in accounting at Wesleyan and upon graduation became an accountant and now works for CGS as a Medical Auditor. Ryan also just received his master’s degree in Health Management from Western Governors University in June. Congratulations, Ryan!
Thank you to Sean Johnson ’11 for speaking to Fred Hoyt’s Marketing 339 class in October about his experience in athletic fundraising for ISU!
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Cate Tinker ’11 and her husband Patrick welcomed the newest addition to their family, Phoebe Louise Tinker, on January 21, 2020. Phoebe was born weighing in at 9 lbs, 2 oz, and was 20.5 inches long!
Congratulations to the Tinker family!
Dr. Kristina Dakis ’11 is a family physician at the Gibson Area Hospital who brings energy and enthusiasm in her daily roles as a practitioner of family medicine. She is a winner of many awards, including the Illinois Academy of Family Physicians President Award and the American Academy of Family Physicians Award for Excellence in Graduate Medical Education. Click here to read more about Kristina, and congratulations to her!