Kristin Tvrdik serves as a medical director of the Hinsdale (Ill.) Humane Society Pet Rescue and Resource Center. She became the organization’s first on-staff veterinarian in May 2019. She provides daily medical care for animals residing in the shelter and also offers reduced-cost vaccination clinics. Kristin previously served as medical director of a high-volume spay/neuter clinic and shelter in South Bend, Indiana.
Kelly Benante ‘08 and her husband Tim welcomed baby boy Vincent Edward Benante on April 15, 2020. Vincent was born at 7:32 p.m, 7 lbs 7 oz, 22 inches. Congratulations!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Ann Erickson ’08 reports that she started a new position as a Legal Writer for Law Bulletin Media in November of 2018. She graduated from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2012. Previously, She was practicing law at a small law firm, Morrison & Mix, for 6.5 years. At Law Bulletin, She is working on legal publications and information services for attorneys. Congratulations to Ann on her new position.
Alissa Miller ’08 and her husband Sam welcomed Elizabeth Sophia Miller on September 30, weighing 7 lbs. 8 oz and at 20 inches. Congratulations!
Sarah Hester ’08 attended Illinois Wesleyan from August 2004 to May of 2006. She transferred out and graduated from Shawnee State University in 2009, but she would like everyone to know that she is still a Titan, through and through.
Kim Duback ’08 and her husband Michael Duback ’08 welcomed baby girl Evelyn Grace Marie Duback on July 23, 2019. Congratulations!