John Caywood, a State Farm agent in Champaign, Illinois, directed a grant of $10,000 to Champaign’s Don Moyer Boys & Girls Club. The grant allowed State Farm to serve as the title sponsor of Don Moyer’s golf outing fundraiser, which raised $47,000 for an academic enrichment program. Kids enrolled in the program will receive academic support and two meals a day.
Caitlin (Ludwig) Pusateri ’08 was promoted to Executive Vice President at the Rockford Chamber of Commerce. You can read more here.
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
Abby (Sullivan) Schill ’08 and her husband, Mike, gave birth to their daughter Claire Elizabeth Schill on October 17th, 2020. Congratulations on the new addition to their family! We wish you all the best in the new year!
Elizabeth Dornik (Taylor) ’08 and her husband, Nick Dornik, gave birth to their child Ryan James Dornik on March 14, 2020. Congratulations!
Kristin Tvrdik serves as a medical director of the Hinsdale (Ill.) Humane Society Pet Rescue and Resource Center. She became the organization’s first on-staff veterinarian in May 2019. She provides daily medical care for animals residing in the shelter and also offers reduced-cost vaccination clinics. Kristin previously served as medical director of a high-volume spay/neuter clinic and shelter in South Bend, Indiana.
Kelly Benante ‘08 and her husband Tim welcomed baby boy Vincent Edward Benante on April 15, 2020. Vincent was born at 7:32 p.m, 7 lbs 7 oz, 22 inches. Congratulations!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.