Todd Kumler ’07 Presented virtually on May 26th, and gave an overview of the economics consulting industry, including the types of projects that economics consultants work on and the day-to-day life of an economics consultant. His presentation also discussed opportunities at economics consulting firms for undergraduates and the types of candidates recruited by these firms. Thank you Todd!
Allison McKey ’07 of Gridley, IL died April 4, 2020 in Denver, CO after a courageous journey with cancer. She was 34. Allison studied accounting and art history at Illinois Wesleyan. She earned her CPA and had an illustrious career in accounting which started at Deloitte in Chicago. She was most recently employed with Whiting Petroleum in Denver, where she moved to follow her lifelong dream of living in the mountains. Allison had many passions including water and snow skiing, hiking, traveling, exploring the food scene in Denver, and cooking at home.
Daniel Evans ’07 of Springfield, Illinois, died May 2, 2020. He was 35. Dan studied biology as a pre-med student at Illinois Wesleyan, and then went on to earn medical degrees at Illinois State University and Millikin University. Dan was a certified registered nurse anesthetist at St. John’s Hospital in Springfield. He also served as a regional director on the board of Illinois Association of Nurse Anesthetists and was an active member of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. Prior to CRNA school, Dan worked at OSF St. Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois, from 2010-13, as a registered nurse in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. Dan loved talking and taking walks with his son, date nights and weekends with his wife, rock climbing, working on his cars and woodworking. He is survived by his wife Erin (Lohrstorfer) Evans ’07, son, parents, two brothers, including Phil Evans ’09, grandmother and many other relatives and friends.
Here are ways to virtually engage with IWU and fellow Titans:
- Performances from IWU alumni, students and faculty
Contact us at email@example.com if you have a virtual performance to share. Follow the School of Theatre Arts Facebook page for posts about performances by students and alumni.
- Back to College Classes
Check out videos of previous classes featuring alumni.
- Take part in Titan Talks: Webinar Series
We are excited to launch this series featuring alumni, faculty and staff.
- Start a Titan Group
Have you been wanting to start a book club? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help connect you to other interested alumni.
- IWU Social Media
Follow Illinois Wesleyan University Alumni Association social media for the latest updates and announcements – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Virtual Titan Connections
We miss connecting with Titans in person, but we would love to see photos or videos from your virtual connections. Show your Titan pride and tag IWU Alumni Association (@IWU_AlumniAssoc) on Twitter and (@illinoiswesleyanalumni) on Facebook. You can also post in your Regional Alumni Chapter’s Facebook group, reunion group, or affinity group.
- Titan Challenges
Challenge your fellow Titans to a virtual 5K or fitness challenge. Be sure to wear your favorite Titan gear and share a photo on social media or you can send it to email@example.com.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
The Robert M. Montgomery Outstanding Young Alumni Award was presented to Erin Anderson ’07 at Homecoming 2019 in recognition of her outstanding professional achievement and civic leadership. Erin was featured in the inset of page 23 of the IWU Magazine that can be found here. You can view her Homecoming Back to College class, entitled “Harnessing Chemistry for Selective Cancer Treatments” here.
A big thank you to Tyler Smith ’07, who spoke on March 3rd to students and shared information on his work in investments, career opportunities in the field, and answered any questions students might have had. He is an Investment Professional with State Farm and obtained his MBA in Finance in 2012.
Julie ’07 and her husband Jonathan Lee welcomed baby boy Jarrett Michael Lee on February 28. Congratulations to the Lee family on your newest addition!
Congratulations to Jonathan Cable ’07, who is reprising his role as Nick Massi on the off-Broadway run of Jersey Boys! He spent two years with the National Tour of Jersey Boys, including a run that included a week of performances at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago in 2019.
Read more here.
Read more about Jersey Boys New York here.
See Jonathan’s website here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.