Gena (Rawlins) ’05 and Matthew Melick ’03 welcomed Landon Kai Melick into the world on June 19, 2020. Congrats on your new Tiny Titan!
Dr. Tyler Neal ’05 and Sarah Neal welcomed their new Tiny Titan, Caleb Ryan, into the world on June 25, 2021. Congrats!
Michelle (Uhlenkott) Roughton ’05 and Richard Roughton welcomed their baby, Russell Roughton into the world on 02/21/21!
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Earlier this year, Jonathan Charak ’05 was named a Zurich North America Innovation Champion, one of six representatives charged with participating in exploratory and innovative projects. Also this year, Charak was appointed vice president and emerging solutions director, a role in which he works closely with Zurich’s line of business heads, business leaders and product developers.
To read more about Jonathan’s work with Zurich North America, click here.
Since 2014, Jonathan has won three awards for the Casualty Actuarial Society: 2014 new Members Award, 2016 Above and Beyond Achievement Award, and the 2018 Young Researcher Award! He was also featured on the Business Insurance website as one of the 2019 Break Out Awards. You can read more here.
Cathy Gilbert ’05, was co-curator of an exhibit at Heartland Community College called “Typo(etry): Poems, Images, and Typewriters.” Two of Cathy’s own poems were part of the exhibit. They related to her family background and were accompanied by photos of her grandparents. Here is the link to the article about the exhibit and here is a link to a podcast about her work.