In anticipation of sending her son off to college in the Fall of 2021, Krista ’91 earned a Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Judson University in May of 2020. Krista is working as a therapist at Centennial Counseling Center in St. Charles, IL.
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
Dr. Srinivas Cheenu Kappadath ’19 has been elected a Fellow of the Association, in the category of Fellow honors members who have distinguished themselves by their contributions in research, education, or leadership in the medical physics community. The award was presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine in San Antonio, TX on July 15, 2019. Congratulations!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Vikki graduated from East Tennessee State University in May of 2017 with a master’s degree in nursing education. She just completed her first year as a clinical lecturer with the University of Tennessee College of Nursing. At graduation on May 10, 2019 she was awarded the Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award which was selected by the graduating class.
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)
Check out the All In Happy Hours taking place around the country. Show your Titan pride by spreading the word about All In for Wesleyan to your personal networks via social media, calls, texts, emails, etc.
You’ll have a great time while encouraging others to make an additional gift on All In and share stories about how IWU Unlocked Opportunities for each of us. Visit our webpage for more information and registration.
Tim Daugherty ’91 was appointed by Mercy Medical as Vice President of operations and strategic planning. He will have responsibility for Business Development and Clinical Services as well as the Mercy Network Hospitals. You can read more about Tim‘s accomplishment here.