Dr. Srinivas Cheenu Kappadath ’19 has been elected a Fellow of the Association, in the category of Fellow honors members who have distinguished themselves by their contributions in research, education, or leadership in the medical physics community. The award was presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine in San Antonio, TX on July 15, 2019. Congratulations!
Looking for ways to keep busy during the quarantine? Why not virtually engage with IWU and fellow Titans? There are still plenty of opportunities available where you can reach out and make a difference:
- Performances from IWU alumni, students and faculty
Contact us at email@example.com if you have a virtual performance to share. Follow the School of Theatre Arts Facebook page for posts about performances by students and alumni.
- Back to College Classes
Check out videos of previous classes featuring alumni.
- Take part in Titan Talks: Webinar Series
We are excited to launch this series featuring alumni, faculty and staff.
- Start a Titan Group
Have you been wanting to start a book club? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help connect you to other interested alumni.
- IWU Social Media
Follow Illinois Wesleyan University Alumni Association social media for the latest updates and announcements – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Virtual Titan Connections
We miss connecting with Titans in person, but we would love to see photos or videos from your virtual connections. Show your Titan pride and tag IWU Alumni Association (@IWU_AlumniAssoc) on Twitter and (@illinoiswesleyanalumni) on Facebook. You can also post in your Regional Alumni Chapter’s Facebook group, reunion group, or affinity group.
- Titan Challenges
Challenge your fellow Titans to a virtual 5K or fitness challenge. Be sure to wear your favorite Titan gear and share a photo on social media or you can send it to email@example.com.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
An IWU reunion was celebrated by Todd Strong ’91, Moaz Rab ’91, Malik Zia, and brothers Hussain T. Hasan ’91 and Hanif Tayab Hasan ‘91. The long awaited reunion happened in Pakistan, between February 6th – 14th, 2019. The photo on the right also includes Omar Sadeque ’91 who joined us in Dubai on top of Burj Khalif, the tallest building in the world, on the way to Pakistan.
Juan Salgado ’91 has been named one of “Chicago’s Most Powerful Latinos”. Here is the article about his accomplishment.
IWU Men’s Golf coach, Jim Ott ’91 was chosen as the Division III winner of the Dave Williams National Coach of the Year Award presented by Golf Pride Grips. Congratulations, Jim!
Vikki graduated from East Tennessee State University in May of 2017 with a master’s degree in nursing education. She just completed her first year as a clinical lecturer with the University of Tennessee College of Nursing. At graduation on May 10, 2019 she was awarded the Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award which was selected by the graduating class.
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)