- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Thank you to Karla Bailey-Smith ’90, who is serving as the charge artist for the IWU musical The Life, showing November 20-24.
Karla Bailey-Smith ’90 has announced her intent to run for a seat in the Illinois House of Representatives. To read more about why Karla is running, click here.
Best of luck to you, Karla!
Illinois Wesleyan University Homecoming
October 4-6, 2019
We are looking forward to another great Homecoming this fall! Your story started here, and Illinois Wesleyan University helped guide your path to where you are today.
This is cause for celebration! Come back to campus on October 4-6 to celebrate, reminisce, and revisit your story.
Darryn Dunbar ’90, Director of Online Nursing Programs and professor at Stratford University, discussed how he delivers preparedness and passion to nursing students.
You can see the full story here.
Tony Kaufman and wife Lori (Piper) Kaufman ’88 with daughter legacy graduate Alyssa Kaufman.
Photo: Robert (Trey) Frank ’14
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)
Tim Lambert ’90 (left) and Scott Swayne ’90 (right) celebrated 20 years of attending Chicago Cubs home openers together. Tim and Scott commemorated the occasion by watching the game on April 8, 2019, from left-field rooftop seats. Tim is a chief counsel and legal executive with Caesars Entertainment and lives in Plainfield, Illinois. Scott is a human resources executive with General Mills, living in Minneapolis. Tim and Scott are pictured here at opening day in 2016, the year the Cubs won the World Series.
Check out the All In Happy Hours taking place around the country. Show your Titan pride by spreading the word about All In for Wesleyan to your personal networks via social media, calls, texts, emails, etc.
You’ll have a great time while encouraging others to make an additional gift on All In and share stories about how IWU Unlocked Opportunities for each of us. Visit our webpage for more information and registration.