Phill Wilson ’77 Still Leader in the Fight Against AIDS

Phill-wilson-suit-001For Phill Wilson—long-term HIV-survivor and founder of the highly-regarded Black AIDS Institute featured in the CNN docu-series, “The Eighties” celebrated his miraculous 60
th birthday on April 23—the poem, “Where will you be when they come?” holds profound meaning:

“Citizens, good citizens all
parade into voting booths and in self-righteous sanctity
X away our right to life,”
Pat Parker

The Black AIDS Institute held a fundraiser in celebration of Phill Wilson’s 60th birthday on Saturday, April 23. There was a surprise celebrity guests and a roast at the event.  When asked what he wanted for his birthday, Wilson said:

“I want to raise a lot of money for the Black AIDS Institute.  I would like for all of my friends, family, and anyone who I’ve ever touched in anyway over the last 60 years to help the Black AIDS Institute finally end the AIDS epidemic in our community.”

Go to Phillwilson60.com to see photos of Wilson through the decades and learn more.

For more about Phill you can go to  The Pride.

Congratulations, Phill.

One thought on “Phill Wilson ’77 Still Leader in the Fight Against AIDS

1. I remember Phil from IWU. I saw him on Oprah once and am glad to see he is still fighting the good fight!!