Russell D. Seaton ’69

Russell D. Seaton ’69 has a note for the newsletters to keep his classmates up to date on his life:

“Life continues to be busy, here, in Central Oregon.  Substitute teaching is about to wind down for another year and my twenty-second year of working in a local fly fishing shop is about to begin!

Just concluded my fourth year as Vocal Music Coach at Redmond High School, for their musical productions.  This year’s presentation was a bilingual version of Disney’s “Aladdin!”

I am, currently, preparing for the role of James Jerome Hill (the railroad magnate) in a presentation of three one acts celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the creation of Deschutes County, Oregon!  “The Faces of the Deschutes” will be presented at various venues throughout the Central Oregon area during the month of May.

Also, preparing an anniversary show for The High Desert Harmoneers, (in September) Central Oregon’s Barbershop Chorus.  Twenty-five years ago, I was one of the original eleven who helped to charter this group, and served as their first director. I have returned as their director and am, once again, enjoying ringing chords with these guys. Brings back lots of fond memories of my days in the Apollo Quartet at IWU (1966-1969) with Bill Eichorn, Bruce Borton, Z. Edmund Toliver and Byron Blair!

This past year I have been privileged to sing in several concerts with Central Oregon’s premiere choral group, the Central Oregon Mastersingers. In January, I dusted off the opera voice and participated in Opera Bend’s wonderful production of “Die Fledermaus!” In June 2015 I played Pseudolus in “A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum,” and I was, throughout the year a featured singer in four Cabarets for Topsoil Productions.

Not only do I live in an amazingly beautiful place aesthetically, but artistically as well!”

One thought on “Russell D. Seaton ’69

1. Sounds like you’re doing old IWU proud! Good to read about you. You still look pretty handsome, too!
    I’m finishing my 47th year playing in the Quad City Symphony, currently as Ass’t. Concertmaster. I’ve been fortunate to have orchestra, chamber music, opera, ballet, and some international gigs over the years. I still love playing! I only sing in church though.
    The landmark anniversary of the Music School last year on campus was a great event. Lots of old familiar faces.:)

Keep making music. It makes you and the world a better place!