On campus housing
Located on IWU’s campus at the Harriet House. These are 2-bedroom suites. Each bedroom has 2 beds (so each suite has 4 beds). The rates are $21.75 per day for a bed in a double room, and $25.75 per day for a private room in a two-bedroom suite. Every suite has a common area for relaxing.
Off campus housing
Here are a few nice hotels that are close to campus. Their distances to campus are also listed. At this time we have not negotiated any reduced rates with any of these hotels.
- Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center (1.4 miles). http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bmimc-bloomington-normal-marriott-hotel-and-conference-center/
- Hyatt Place Bloomington/Normal (1.4 miles). http://bloomingtonnormal.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
- Hampton Inn & Suites (2.6 miles). http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/illinois/hampton-inn-and-suites-bloomington-normal-BMINLHX/index.html
- Holiday Inn Express (3.3 miles). http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/bloomington/bmiwd/hoteldetail
- Candlewood Suites (3.4 miles). http://www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/normal/bmicw/hoteldetail
Illinois Wesleyan is 134 miles from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport, and 127 miles from Chicago’s Midway International Airport.
Central Illinois Regional Airport is located in Bloomington, IL, just about a 5-minute drive from IWU’s campus. There are daily flights between Bloomington and each of the major Chicago airports.
Warning: If you choose to fly into Bloomington, Illinois please note that Bloomington, Indiana also has a regional airport. However, this airport is 200 miles away from IWU!!
Getting to IWU from the airports
Peoria Charter offers a shuttle service connecting IWU campus and these airports.
We plan to be able to pick up a limited number of people from O’Hare Airport on Sunday, June 19. We will also make a return trip to O’Hare on Friday, June 24. If you are interested, then please contact us at RART2016@iwu.edu.