What a Weekend

And so another week has passed. This week was a bit different since… I turned 20 last week! My friends decided to celebrate my birthday over the weekend since it falls on Thursday. That same week, I got closer to some intern friends and got invited out to hang out with them, so I had a pretty busy, yet fun weekend. In the end, we went out and experienced Japan’s nightlife. It is very interesting since the trains stop running at midnight and don’t open back up until 4:30 am, so if you decide to stay, you will be out the entire night, unless you want to pay for an expensive taxi or Uber ride back.

After Saturday and Sunday, I was pretty exhausted, but my friend invited me out to Zushi Beach. What better way to wind down than going to a beach! 🙂 Thing is… it is 2 hours away, and it was a last-minute plan, so we arrived a bit late. *_*

After relaxing on the beach for a while, we took the train to go back home, but we accidentally took the wrong train and went farther away. I preferred going back to where we were familiar since it was a bit scary as I had no clue what was around. We paid an expensive taxi and got back. Restaurants were already getting ready to close, so we just decided to hang out on the beach and wait for the first train back. Japan is definitely safer than America, and the beach was empty, so we weren’t worried but still were vigilant just in case.

In the end, I think this little journey was pretty worthwhile. We arrived late, so it was already nighttime, but it was the morning when we could truly see how beautiful Zushi is. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous– even if it was foggy. An extremely interesting weekend that took turns I didn’t expect. I will post some pictures of my week so you can see what I do at my internship and what I did over the weekend.

Internship Day