Settling into the Philippines

Back to work this week and time to start working on my media article about food insecurity in the Philippines. The arms on my office chair are really hard and hurting my elbows and forearms which I am not too thrilled about. I’ve got my own computer with a monitor, which helps me do my work a whole lot easier with a keyboard and big screen. I downloaded League of Legends and have been getting some games in on my breaks 🙂 . For breakfast each morning I normally get a ham, egg and cheese sandwich but I’ve had the rice and sweat sausages with an over easy egg. It’s great and it helps me start my day happy! I bet anything would make me happy because I’m drenched every morning from the walk. I’ve started wearing shorts and a t-shirt and then changing into my work clothes when I get to work. I do have a fan at my desk which I quite enjoy! There is not very much work to complete so I find myself having a lot of time to look online and at my phone. I hung out most of the nights with Lukas, Kennady and Abi. On Friday Sam and Faith took a bus up from San Tomas (about an hour south) and we went back to the Gatsby restaurant. The food and music was great again and I loved getting to know Sam and Faith more! We talked about maybe all going to Japan with our 4 day weekend. Lukas and them don’t have many days off. Their job seems cool but I prefer all the free time I have! This week I discovered the wonders of Grab doordash. All the restaurants here take a long time to make your food and I have to walk to the SM to get everything. The beauty of Grab is that for only a buck delivery cost you can sit in the pool and order all your food right to you! It’s cheap and still hot so there’s really no reason for me to go out and get food by myself when its so convenient. They even do groceries so if I want some chocolate milk or a Gatorade I just order it up and some dude drops it off on a motorcycle. I’ve been playing Dnd with my friends back in the states and I’m loving it. I’ve always wanted to play but just never found the people. I play a giant tree ogre named Argor the Banisher and I spent a lot of my free work time reading the rule book and getting to know everything inside out! We had this combat session with the updated system and I totally carried it. I didn’t take nearly any damage and I was helping out my teammates too. Not to mention dropping some earth splitting demon cutters on our enemies! I can’t wait until next session! I drew up a whole google doc of stuff about my character. I slept at the pool because nobody answered the door to my apartment and everybody thought I was missing. It’s turning into this huge thing :/ . On Saturday Faith, Sam and I spent the morning at the mall getting food and looking around. I got this super cute stuffed animal and it makes me happy:) ! We then spent the afternoon in the pool and talk about everything! I love it! Sunday morning Sam and me went to breakfast which was great. I need to order from there again. Maybe I will tonight? I’m getting used to everything here and I’m happy I can still get some American food and have some great friends!

-Hunter