- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Amanda Macuiba ’16 qualified for the Olympic Trials in the marathon, set to take place in February. Amanda ran the California International Marathon in 2:44:29, beating the qualifying time of 2:45:00. Click here to read more about Amanda’s accomplishment.
Good luck, Amanda! We are rooting for you!
Thank you to Moyo Ajayi ’16 for participating in the Hart Career Center luncheon with students on November 13th, which included alumni of finance, accounting, business, and computer science backgrounds.
Lia Gewargis (Analitis) ‘16 and Raymond Gewargis were wed on July 27, 2019 in Atheras, Kefalonia, Greece.
Congratulations to the happy couple!
Melissa Umansky ’16 and David Podrazik ’15 were married on September 21st, 2019 at the IWU Evelyn Chapel surrounded by family and friends, with many IWU alumni in attendance. Alumni Nolan Valdivia ’17, Brian Yager ’17, and Erica Podrazik ’10 were all members of the bridal party.
Wishing a heartfelt congratulations to the newlyweds!
Zack Talbert ’16 has won the Morrison Swine Innovator Prize for his design to improve the efficiency of fumigating rooms in the pork industry. To read more about his accomplishment, click here.
Matt Mason ’16 composed a piece called Reflections on Ichimu’s Death Dream in which famed New York clarinetist Thomas Piercy performed —alongside Mason—on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall. To read more about Mason’s unique and exciting opportunity, click here.
Connor Flanagan ’16 with mother Kathy (Dittmar) Morgan ’85 and brother,
Legacy graduate, Quinn Flanagan ’19.
Photo: Robert (Trey) Frank ’14
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)