- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank you to Cecilia Mendoza ‘13, who volunteered to eat lunch and talk with students during the Psychology and Sociology Luncheon on 2/12/2020, concerning Cecilia’s experience as a Department of Justice Accredited representative.
Rachel Grimes ‘13 participated in an industry staged reading of the Red Wool on February 10th, 2020 in New York.
Read more about the accomplishment here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
The IWU campus extends its thanks to Jordan Kuhns ’13 for volunteering at the Hart Career Center Professional Etiquette Dinner on Tuesday, January 21st, 2020.
Thank you, Jordan!
Thank you to Mike Kraft ’13 for speaking to Fred Hoyt’s Marketing 339 class in November about life (or sales tactics) as a commercial real estate broker.
Thank you to Logan Kent ’13 for Speaking to Fred Hoyt’s Marketing 339 class in September about experience as a Business Sales Manager for Sprint Nextel Corporation.
Thank you to John Wombacher ’13 for speaking to Fred Hoyt’s Marketing 339 class in October about experience in sales.
Shane Smith ’13 earned regular season status on the golf Korn Ferry Tour for the upcoming season with his performance at the tournament finals.
Here is a link to the article about Shane.