Rachel Carreras ‘12 performed on “Cabaret Games,” an online competition among suburban theater groups.
Thank you to Dr. Caitlyn McHugh ’12 from Focused Eye Care in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, who presented at one of the virtual Titan Career Chats earlier this year in April. Dr. McHugh shared information about her journey from IWU to her current position as both an optometrist and owner of the Focused Eye Care practice.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Michael Sloboda ’12 and Jennifer Sloboda ’14 welcomed their child Grace Rose Slobada on January 30, 2020. Congratulations to them!
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Thank you to EJ Schiller ’12 for participating in the Hart Career Center luncheon with students on November 13th, which included alumni of finance, accounting, business, and computer science backgrounds. EJ is a Commercial Banker with J.P. Morgan’s Technology & Disruptive Commerce group based out of Chicago.
Eugene “EJ” Schiller ’12 married Emily Hayes on June 15, 2019 on Illinois Wesleyan’s Campus.
Congratulations, EJ and Emily!
Dr. Erick Henderson ’12 had the opportunity to work with fellow Titan Dr. Lindsay Sicks ’06 at the American Optometric Association annual meeting in St. Louis, MO.
Both work with contact lens industry partners to teach practitioners across the country about specialty contact lens designs. They spent the day teaching optometrists and optometry students about scleral contact lens fitting.
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)
Hanni (Sha) Simonelli ’12 (seated, right) and Johnny Simonelli ’12 (seated, left) were married April 7, 2018 in Chicago, with many classmates attending, including (standing from left): Kevin Johnson ’12, Michael Chau ’12, Cory Sloan ’12, Scott Wenzel ’12, Kate Nishimura ’11, Bert Blodgett ’13, Daniella Shin ’12, Beth Grinter ’12, Samantha Hogan ’12, Brittany (Goldman) Rose ’12, Jenna Jameson ’12, Renee Schade ’12, Kristen (Gattuso) Wenzel ’12 and Stuart Seale ’08