Caitlin Mann ’12 gave a virtual Titan Career Chat on about Caitlin’s experience as a licensed and certified genetic counselor. Thank you, Caitlin!
Thank you to Sarah Zahorak for your service to the Class of 2012 as Class Newsletter Editor. We appreciate your dedication to your classmates and work to keep your class connected. Sarah has stepped down from the position, and we wish her well.
Qingfan Jiang ‘12 of Columbia University has been awarded an Alvin H. Johnson AMS 50 Fellowship for “Toward a Global Enlightenment: Music, Missionaries, and the Construction of a Universal History in Seventeenth- and Eighteenth-Century China and Europe.”
Rachel Carreras ‘12 performed on “Cabaret Games,” an online competition among suburban theater groups.
Thank you to Dr. Caitlyn McHugh ’12 from Focused Eye Care in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, who presented at one of the virtual Titan Career Chats earlier this year in April. Dr. McHugh shared information about her journey from IWU to her current position as both an optometrist and owner of the Focused Eye Care practice.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Michael Sloboda ’12 and Jennifer Sloboda ’14 welcomed their child Grace Rose Slobada on January 30, 2020. Congratulations to them!
In September 2019, Will Jenkins ’12 spoke to Fred Hoyt’s Marketing 339 class about his experience in sales.
Thank you for visiting campus and speaking with current students, Will!
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.