Congratulations to Chris ’10 and his wife Embarina Betzle on the newest addditon to their family! The pair welcomed Eleena Grace Betzel on January 19, 2019.
Congratulations to Mackenzie and Adam Crouch on the newest addition to their family! Tessa Mae Crouch was born on April 22, 2020, weighing 8 lbs and 6 oz, at 20 inches long.
Yay, Crouch family!!
Congrats to Chris Unger ’10, who has joined the downtown Denver, Colorado firm of Wells, Anderson & Race, LLC in 2019. His practice is dedicated to insurance litigation and insurance bad faith.
In June of 2019, United Soccer League Senior Vice President for League Operations Brett Luy ’10 was noticed for his development of a player safety proposal to combat concussion issues. Click here to read about Brett’s proposal.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Thank you to Sean Dwyer for speaking to Fred Hoyt’s Marketing 339 class in November about experience in sales!
Sean shared his experience: “Ultimately I was down there to talk about my journey from being in their seats at IWU to transitioning to a career in people interaction. I discussed that their ability to blend a strong work ethic with the empathy and passion for people would transition anywhere, at any company in a sales position. I really stressed visualizing what makes them happy and surrounding themselves with like-minded people. Not just in their career pursuits, but in life.”
Great job influencing fellow Titans, Sean!
Katherine Slevin ’10 has created the C. Love Cookie Project to give back to her Portland community. Slevin donates 21% of her cookie sales to three nonprofits. Her staff is made up of all women immigrants who Katherine teaches how to bake. Here is the link to the article.
Grant & Melinda (McNeil) Magerkurth (both class of 2010) welcomed their third daughter, Jacqueline James Magerkurth on Friday, December 13th at 12:25 am. Jacqueline weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces and was 20 inches long. Jacqueline is named after her maternal great-grandfather, James Mikel, as well as her maternal great-great uncle, James Killoran. Jacqueline’s siblings Lorelai Anne (4) and Vanessa Rae (1) are thrilled to welcome their baby sister to the family.