- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Congratulations to Dr. Aaron Gierhart ‘09 and his wife Alesha on the birth of the newest addition to their family! Ramona Sue Gierhart was born March 13, 2020 at 4:17 am, Ramona was 7 lbs and 2.5 oz and 19 in. long.
Best wishes to the Gierhart family!
This month, Dr. Aaron Gierhart ’09 successfully defended his dissertation on digital pedagogy of elementary teachers and earned his EdD. He will graduate in May and begin his new job as an Assistant Professor of Elementary Education at Columbus State University in August.
Congratulations to you, Dr. Gierhart!
Congratulations to Claire Sheehan ’09, who won a Jodie Harrison Lifetime Achievement Award for her performance in basketball. She earned the Daily Herald’s All-Area Honorary Captain honors in 2004 and 2005, and was named to the IBCA All-State Team in 2005. Read more about her accomplishment here.
Congratulations to Erin Roth ’09 and Alex Roth ’09, who welcomed Quinn McKenzie Roth and Lena Finney Roth on Aug. 9, 2019!
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
The IWU campus extends it’s thanks to Corey Burgess ’09 for volunteering at the Hart Career Center Professional Etiquette Dinner, Tuesday, March 21st.
Bradlee Boyd ’09 of Bloomington, Illinois, died Nov. 26, 2019. He was 33. Brad studied business administration and mathematics at Illinois Wesleyan, where he earned the Harold E. and Edith B. Hall Memorial Scholarship. Brad was the chief operating officer of Low Cost Interlock, Inc., and he often sought out opportunities to use his entrepreneurial skills in other business ventures. Brad was passionate about sports, hunting, fishing, music and craft beer. He is survived by his wife, parents, two sisters, including Kalynn Boyd ’19, grandmother, grandfather, two nieces, and many aunts, uncles and cousins.
On June 11th, 2019, Philip Schmitz ’09 and Kathryn Schmitz ’09 welcomed their child Audrey Caroline Schmitz to the world! Congratulations on your “Tiny Titan!”
Elizabeth Schlicht and her husband Joe welcomed baby girl, Harriet Jean Schlicht, on September 1, 2019.
Congratulations to the Schlicht family!