Elizabeth, Schlicht, CAE, Executive Director at Association Acumen, has received the Young Professional award from the Wisconsin Society of Association Executives. The award honors a young profession who’s making a difference through contributions to WSAE and the association community. The award was presented virtually at the Annual Business Meeting and Awards Presentation on October 27.
Thank you very much to Dr. Kemi Onajin ’09, a dermatologist and University of Chicago faculty member. She shared virtually on September 11, 2020 about her journey from IWU to her current position.
Congratulations to Megan Bennett and her husband Edward Bennett on the newest addition to their family! Joseph Eli Bennett was born on August 07, 2020.
Congratulations to you and your family!
Mary (Roznovsky) Swearingen ‘09 and her husband Andrew welcomed baby boy Caleb Andrew Swearingen on July 10, 2020.
Congratulations to the Swearingen family on their newest addition!!
Thank you to Dr. Derrick Tillman-Kelly ’09, who gave the Titan Talk “How We Got Here: Racism + Higher Education” on June 10 about higher education, racism, and where we can go from here.
Caly Meyers-Mixa ‘09 serves as Wellness House’s human resources and volunteer manager. Wellness House is a nonprofit in Hinsdale, Illinois, providing free programming for people impacted by cancer. On Thursday, June 4th, Wellness House will be hosting a virtual presentation. Guest speaker Sanda Steingraber ’81 will speak about her life’s work investigating the links between human health, cancer and environmental toxins. Sandra is a biologist, author and cancer survivor herself.
You are all invited to join the virtual presentation on June 4 at 6:30 p.m. (CST) using this link.
Congratulations to Aimee and Jeremy St. John on the newest addition to their family! Their son Foster James St. John was born on May 5, 2020.
We wish you and your family all the best, Aimee!
Congratulations to Maggie and her husband Brian on the birth of their first child, Susan Maire Wood-Davis! Susan was born on April 2, 2020.
Your IWU family wishes you and your family well, Maggie!
Here are ways to virtually engage with IWU and fellow Titans:
- Performances from IWU alumni, students and faculty
Contact us at email@example.com if you have a virtual performance to share. Follow the School of Theatre Arts Facebook page for posts about performances by students and alumni.
- Back to College Classes
Check out videos of previous classes featuring alumni.
- Take part in Titan Talks: Webinar Series
We are excited to launch this series featuring alumni, faculty and staff.
- Start a Titan Group
Have you been wanting to start a book club? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help connect you to other interested alumni.
- IWU Social Media
Follow Illinois Wesleyan University Alumni Association social media for the latest updates and announcements – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Virtual Titan Connections
We miss connecting with Titans in person, but we would love to see photos or videos from your virtual connections. Show your Titan pride and tag IWU Alumni Association (@IWU_AlumniAssoc) on Twitter and (@illinoiswesleyanalumni) on Facebook. You can also post in your Regional Alumni Chapter’s Facebook group, reunion group, or affinity group.
- Titan Challenges
Challenge your fellow Titans to a virtual 5K or fitness challenge. Be sure to wear your favorite Titan gear and share a photo on social media or you can send it to email@example.com.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.