As a part of the Hart Career Center’s Titan Career Chat series, Matthew Roberts ’01, MPH, DrPH discussed his role as a public health official fighting communicable disease outbreaks, preparing for and responding to public health emergencies, developing informatics capacity at health departments and in healthcare, and leading the assessment of Medicaid healthcare programs in New York. He provided context for the coronavirus pandemic, how health departments and healthcare systems respond, and what this means for the future.
Billboard Magazine has again named Jeffrey Becker ‘01, partner and chair of Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP’s Entertainment and Media Law Practice Group, to its 2020 Top Music Lawyers list.
Tonya Horn ‘01, president of Rogards Office Plus and a past Central Illinois Business 40 Under 40 honoree, was featured in a series spotlighting local leaders.
Wow! Congratulations, Tonya!
Cindy (Thorson) Nourie ‘01 and her husband Michael recently celebrated the first birthday of their son, Dylan Michael Nourie. Dylan was born on June 19, 2019.
Wow! We can only imagine the many milestones Dylan has achieved in his first year! Congratulations to the Nourie family!
Congratulations to Alison Sweeney ’01, who was recently featured here in the Illinois Wesleyan University Magazine about her experience in research and teaching at Yale.
Public health official Matthew Roberts ‘01 is working tirelessly to help with the NYC COVID-19 outbreak. Click here to read more bout what he has to say regarding public health emergencies.
Thank you for all that you are doing during these uncertain times, Matthew!
Here are ways to virtually engage with IWU and fellow Titans:
- Performances from IWU alumni, students and faculty
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a virtual performance to share. Follow the School of Theatre Arts Facebook page for posts about performances by students and alumni.
- Back to College Classes
Check out videos of previous classes featuring alumni.
- Take part in Titan Talks: Webinar Series
We are excited to launch this series featuring alumni, faculty and staff.
- Start a Titan Group
Have you been wanting to start a book club? Let us know at email@example.com and we can help connect you to other interested alumni.
- IWU Social Media
Follow Illinois Wesleyan University Alumni Association social media for the latest updates and announcements – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Virtual Titan Connections
We miss connecting with Titans in person, but we would love to see photos or videos from your virtual connections. Show your Titan pride and tag IWU Alumni Association (@IWU_AlumniAssoc) on Twitter and (@illinoiswesleyanalumni) on Facebook. You can also post in your Regional Alumni Chapter’s Facebook group, reunion group, or affinity group.
- Titan Challenges
Challenge your fellow Titans to a virtual 5K or fitness challenge. Be sure to wear your favorite Titan gear and share a photo on social media or you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank you to Samantha Robinson Sherrod ’01, who volunteered to eat lunch and talk with students during the Psychology and Sociology Luncheon on 2/12/20, concerning her expereience as the Grants Manager at the Mars Wrigley Foundation and expereince in urban planning.
Scott Moreau ’01 returned as Johnny Cash in Late and Alone: An Intimate Portrait Of Johnny Cash at Sandhills College. The production, created by Scott, has performed in various cities across the country for the last ten years to sold-out audiences. Read more about his performance here.