Lindsay Caltagirone ’00 is vice president of Dry Goods stores, which is opening a location at The Shoppes at College Hills in Normal this fall. View the full article here.
Meg McKeen ’00, founder and chief confidence builder for Adjunct Advisors, LLC, was recognized among Insurance Business America’s “2021 Elite Women.” With more than 20 years experience in the insurance industry, Meg launched Adjunct Advisors in 2018 to help those in insurance sales leverage their unique voices and find success. Her roles with Adjunct Advisors are many, and include: sales coach, professional speaker and podcast host.
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
Meg McKeen ’00, Founder/Chief Confidence Builder with Adjunct Advisors, hosted mock virtual interviews on September 18. McKeen has worked in the insurance industry for the past 20 years and was eager to share her experience of interviewing with students.
Erin Simpson ’00 passed away on August 14, 2019. An accomplished academic, she graduated with a Master’s Degree in Public Health from Columbia University in 2003. She published an article on Asthma in the Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, and was also a free-lance editor and researcher. She is survived by her sister and friends. Read the full obituary here.
In March, Kris Kaneta ‘00 took on a new role as Chief Product Officer for MMIT. MMIT is the leading provider of software, data and analytics supporting drug and therapy market access.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Matt earned his Ph.D. in Slavic Languages and Literatures in 2017 at the University of Washington in Seattle, and after interviewing as a finalist for four positions nationwide during this year’s academic job search, he has accepted a Lecturer position in the Department of Slavic and Eastern European Languages and Cultures at the Ohio State University beginning in August, 2019. Many thanks are owed to Professor Marina Balina, who was his first mentor at IWU.
Laurie Gilbert Wood ’00 and her husband Andrew Wood welcomed baby girl Mary Rose Wood on October 27, 2018.
Congratulations to Laurie and her family!