Michael Turner ’99 was a panelist for the Careers in Technology Panel on February 24, 2021. The panelists discussed careers in technology, moderated by Associate Professor of Computer Science Andrew Shallue.
Congratulations to Ethan Schrum who was promoted to associate professor of history at Azusa Pacific University and served on the university’s strategic planning leadership team in 2019-20. He received a fellowship from the James Madison Program in American Ideals and Institutions at Princeton University, and is spending the 2020-21 academic year in residence there as a visiting research scholar.
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
Rick Lindquist ’99 returned to Illinois Wesleyan as the Director of IT Services and Academic Technologies in January of 2021.
Ryan Mellske ‘99 was recently featured in the summer/fall issue of the IWU magazine. Ryan co-authored The International Arbitration Rulebook:A Guide to Arbitral Regimes, published by Kluwer Law International in 2019.
Congratulations to Lisa Leali ’99, who was named Lake Bluff Elementary School District’s (IL) next superintended at a school board meeting on Dec. 19, 2019. Lisa, who is currently the chief education officer at Kenilworth School District 38, (IL) will assume the new role on July 1, 2020. She will oversee a K-8 district that serves 882 students in two schools in the suburban Chicago village. Prior to their work in Kenilwroth, Lisa spent nearly 20 years as a teacher and administrator in Hawthorn School District 73 in Vernon Hills, IL.
Thank you very much to David Crawford ’99, who virtually presented on 3/5/20 about careers with the FBI, speaking from experience as Chief of the FBI Internal Policy Office.
Here are ways to virtually engage with IWU and fellow Titans:
- Performances from IWU alumni, students and faculty
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a virtual performance to share. Follow the School of Theatre Arts Facebook page for posts about performances by students and alumni.
- Back to College Classes
Check out videos of previous classes featuring alumni.
- Take part in Titan Talks: Webinar Series
We are excited to launch this series featuring alumni, faculty and staff.
- Start a Titan Group
Have you been wanting to start a book club? Let us know at email@example.com and we can help connect you to other interested alumni.
- IWU Social Media
Follow Illinois Wesleyan University Alumni Association social media for the latest updates and announcements – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Virtual Titan Connections
We miss connecting with Titans in person, but we would love to see photos or videos from your virtual connections. Show your Titan pride and tag IWU Alumni Association (@IWU_AlumniAssoc) on Twitter and (@illinoiswesleyanalumni) on Facebook. You can also post in your Regional Alumni Chapter’s Facebook group, reunion group, or affinity group.
- Titan Challenges
Challenge your fellow Titans to a virtual 5K or fitness challenge. Be sure to wear your favorite Titan gear and share a photo on social media or you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank you very much to Jaynanne Calaway-Habeck ’99, who virtually presented on 2/28 in the Hart Career Center about Jaynanne’s experience as former Vice President of People Ops for Panera Bread, focusing on Human Resources. She also gave her advice on how to stand out when applying for opportunities from her many years of experience in hiring, and answered any questions students ahd about human resources, leadership development, corporate culture, and more.