Hi Class of ’98 friends. Hoping this post finds you and your loved ones healthy and safe. It’s hard to believe we’ve been sheltering-in-place since mid-March. If you’d like to share any updates or news, we’d love to hear from you!
If you’re mainly at home, check out one of the recent Titan Talks that have been taking place weekly. You can find recorded webinars here.
Here is an article of a few alumni who are providing leadership in the COVID-19 global response. Thank you to all!
Take care, everyone, and hope to hear from you soon!
Erin (Luke) Rosas (98) and Daniel Rosas welcomed another baby girl, Jade Ember Rosas on November 18, 2019.
Congratulations to Erin and family!
Judith Eckerle ’98, the director of the Adoption Medicine Clinic at the University of Minnesota Medical School, was named a Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute Angels in Adoption honoree in September 2018. Judith was nominated by U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar. Judith joined other Angels from across the nation in Washington, D.C. Sept. 25-26, 2018, to meet with government leaders.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Tony Gray ’98 and Barbara Borst welcomed baby girl Tecora Elizabeth Borst Gray on September 18, 2019.
Congratulations to Tony and Barbara!!
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)
Check out the All In Happy Hours taking place around the country. Show your Titan pride by spreading the word about All In for Wesleyan to your personal networks via social media, calls, texts, emails, etc.
You’ll have a great time while encouraging others to make an additional gift on All In and share stories about how IWU Unlocked Opportunities for each of us. Visit our webpage for more information and registration.