Congratulations to Robert Rave ’96! He welcomed his daughter Georgia Rave Forrest on November 30th, 2020! We wish your family all the best in the new year!
Beth (McNair) Sondergoth ‘96 was named Head of School at Cornerstone Christian Academy in December 2019. Read more here.
Congratulations, Beth! We hope you are enjoying your new position.
Jason Richards ‘96 was named to Chief Investment Officer’s list of “2019 Knowledge Brokers,” recognizing the world’s most influential investment consultants. Read more here.
Mandy Leifheit ‘96 joined the board of Seattle Rep Theatre, where she serves as co-chair of the younger patrons program committee, and serves on marketing and gala committees. Read more here.
Neil Rubenstein was featured in Chicago Parent earlier this year in April for his efforts to spread joy through his neighborhood during COVID-19 by dressing up in costumes for the neighborhood kids.
Thank you for all you do, Neil!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Last year, Chad Wills ’96 organized the Farmer City’s annual Christmas Parade, a role he first took on when he was a senior at Illinois Wesleyan. Click here to read more about Chad’s lead role as the parade’s organizer.
Keep up the great work, Chad!
We regret to inform you that Shawn Gravelle ’96 passed away surrounded by family on January 12, 2020 after a short battle with cancer. Here is his obituary.
Dr. Emily Chang ’96 , OB/GYN, is now seeing patients at Atlantic Medical Center. Dr. Chang’s practice will be primarily focused on gynecological care and surgeries, and she will also offer obstetrics care.