Faizal Chaudhury joined the advisory board of the Council on American-Islamic Relations Philadelphia Chapter. The CAIR is the largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization in the nation. Faizal is the vice president of customer centricity with Sallie Mae, where he is responsible for leading the organization-wide initiative to improve customer experience, loyalty, and advocacy. In addition to his service at CAIR-Philadelphia, Faizal serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Islamic Society of Delaware and the Delaware Interfaith Power and Light.
Kim (Norton) Bankston ’96 was one of five finalists in the “Best Primary Care Provider” category in The Pantagraph’s “Best of Reader’s Choice Awards.” Kim is a family nurse practitioner at Bloomington (Ill.) Primary Care. Congratulations!
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
Congratulations to Robert Rave ’96! He welcomed his daughter Georgia Rave Forrest on November 30th, 2020! We wish your family all the best in the new year!
Beth (McNair) Sondergoth ‘96 was named Head of School at Cornerstone Christian Academy in December 2019. Read more here.
Congratulations, Beth! We hope you are enjoying your new position.
Jason Richards ‘96 was named to Chief Investment Officer’s list of “2019 Knowledge Brokers,” recognizing the world’s most influential investment consultants. Read more here.
Mandy Leifheit ‘96 joined the board of Seattle Rep Theatre, where she serves as co-chair of the younger patrons program committee, and serves on marketing and gala committees. Read more here.
Neil Rubenstein was featured in Chicago Parent earlier this year in April for his efforts to spread joy through his neighborhood during COVID-19 by dressing up in costumes for the neighborhood kids.
Thank you for all you do, Neil!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.