- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Brian Sampias ’95 recently joined Accel Entertainment, a publicly traded company focused on gaming operations, as their Financial Controller. This followed a 13 year career with BP where he most recently served as the Director, Record to Report, Global Business Services Americas. Brian resides in Plainfield, IL along with his wife Debra and his 5 children.
Thank you to Rod Adams ’95 for participating in the Hart Career Center luncheon with students on November 13th, which included alumni of finance, accounting, business, and computer science backgrounds.
Colleen Kennedy ’95 has been busy!
Colleen earned her Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration with a specialization in Terrorism, Mediation, and Peace from Walden University on August 11, 2019.
Her dissertation is entitled “Evaluating U.S. Counterterrorism Policy on Domestic Terrorism Using the Global Terrorism Database.” She was also inducted into the Golden Key International Honour Society in 2018.
Currently, Colleen is a Visiting Assistant Professor of Sociology and Criminal Justice at Rockford University, where she also serves as the Coordinator of the Peace and Conflict Studies Minor.
Congratulations on all of your accomplishments, Colleen! Keep up the great work!
John Maloney ’95 with legacy graduate son Alex Maloney and his mother Michelle (Priva) Maloney ’94.
Photo: Robert (Trey) Frank ’14
Stan Nord ’95 earned the most votes of the nine running candidates (2,917) in his campaign to be elected to the Normal Town Council. He will take office May 6. To read more about his accomplishment, click here.
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)
Check out the All In Happy Hours taking place around the country. Show your Titan pride by spreading the word about All In for Wesleyan to your personal networks via social media, calls, texts, emails, etc.
You’ll have a great time while encouraging others to make an additional gift on All In and share stories about how IWU Unlocked Opportunities for each of us. Visit our webpage for more information and registration.
On April 11, alumni, parents, students, faculty, staff, and friends of IWU show your pride and support by being All In for Wesleyan. During this 24-hour giving day, let’s unlock opportunities together – you are key to our success!