Susan (Nielsen) Frances received her Master of Divinity from Meadville Lombard Theological School in May of 2019 and was ordained as a Unitarian Universalist minister in August of 2020. Susan and her spouse, Mickey Kennedy (IWU ’03), live in Chicago, IL. Susan spent 18 years practicing law and now serves as part of the ministerial team at the Unitarian Church of Evanston.
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
BroMenn and Eureka Hospital patient safety Director Kristie Wolfe ’95 attended a celebration of the acquisition of Advocate hospitals by Carle Health.
Paul Kinsella ‘95 was named Head Football Coach at Roncalli High School in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
Congratulations to Ellen Wandless ‘95 who was hired by (Plainfield, Ill.) Troy Community School District 30-C as Director of Finance.
We hope you are enjoying your new role, Ellen!
Brian Sampias ’95 joined Accel Entertainment as its financial controller in September 2019. Accel is the largest slot machine aoperator in the United States and recently went public on the New York Stock Exchange. The move followed at 13-year career with BP where he most recently served as Director, Record to Report, Global Business Services of Americas. Congratulations!
Congratulations to Laura Orvidas ’95, who became the CEO of Xmaps Inc., a digital mapping company for outdoorsmen and hunters, in 2018, after spending nearly 18 years as an executive at Amazon. Laura was featured in a Wall Street Journal story in November 2019, highlighting the many former Amazon employees who have ascended to leadership roles with other companies.
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Thank you to Rod Adams ’95 for participating in the Hart Career Center luncheon with students on November 13th, which included alumni of finance, accounting, business, and computer science backgrounds.