Congratulations to Chris Fusco ‘94 who was promoted to executive editor at The Chicago Sun-Times! Click here to read more about Chris’s accomplishment.
Greg Billingsley ‘94 was a guest at MacMurray College for a reception and gallery talk in December of 2019 to discuss his art showcase, Nigredo. Click here to read more about his visit to MacMurray.
Thank you very much to Marc Talluto ’94 and Tom Carlson ’94 for speaking to students in IWU’s entrepreneurship classes as part of the Design, Technology, and Entrepreneurship (DTE) program on March 5th! Marc and Tom shared their substantial entrepreneurial knowledge with students interested in starting their own business one day. Students enjoyed hearing from Marc and Tom and shared the following thoughts with them in personal thank you letters written to the alums:
“I enjoyed the real life examples that you shared with us because it really helped me visually understand the material that you were explaining. I really enjoyed the speech you gave to my class because as a graduating senior, I am trying to soak up as much information as I can before I leave IWU.” Logan Alexander, senior DTE major
“I am a senior biochemistry student who is entering medical school in August. I am in this class to learn about entrepreneurship and business so that after medical school I will have some of the skills and knowledge to start or help run a clinic. I would like to say thank you and that your real-world experience and stories enhanced my understanding in an invaluable way. Your success in starting a business definitely was preceded by many challenges. Hearing about these challenges will hopefully help me in my future endeavors.” Ross Burandt, senior Biochemistry major
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
Illinois Wesleyan University Homecoming
October 4-6, 2019
We are looking forward to another great Homecoming this fall! Your story started here, and Illinois Wesleyan University helped guide your path to where you are today.
This is cause for celebration! Come back to campus on October 4-6 to celebrate, reminisce, and revisit your story.
Michelle (Priva) Maloney ’94 with legacy graduate son Alex Maloney and his father John Maloney ’95.
Photo: Robert (Trey) Frank ’14
You did it, Titans! You were the key to our success. On April 11, 2,205 donors collectively raised $518,316. And thanks to the generosity of our pacesetter challenge donors, our grand total is $776,316 (and still counting!)
Attention Milestone Reunion Challenge! An anonymous donor from the class of 1994 will donate $50 per gift, up to $50,000, made by alumni celebrating a milestone reunion this year (grad years ending in in 4 or 9).
Check out the All In Happy Hours taking place around the country. Show your Titan pride by spreading the word about All In for Wesleyan to your personal networks via social media, calls, texts, emails, etc.
You’ll have a great time while encouraging others to make an additional gift on All In and share stories about how IWU Unlocked Opportunities for each of us. Visit our webpage for more information and registration.