Brian White has been hired as the director of bands at the American School of Milan near Milan, Italy. Congrats, Brian!
Patrick Moore was promoted by the National Football League’s Green Bay Packers to the position of assistant director of college scouting in May 2021. Patrick spent the prior three seasons as a college scout for the Packers. He’s also previously served as a scout for the NFL’s Cleveland Browns, and an assistant coach at Fordham University, Louisiana Tech University, Auburn University, Western Carolina University and Illinois Wesleyan.
Holly was named Director of Nursing, Nursing Operations at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital (Downers Grove, IL) in September of 2020. Congratulations!
Brian Gegel ’94 gave a Titan Career Chat on February 9th, 2021 about exploring healthcare careers. Thank you so much, Brian!
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
Congratulations to Chris Fusco ‘94 who was promoted to executive editor at The Chicago Sun-Times! Click here to read more about Chris’s accomplishment.
Greg Billingsley ‘94 was a guest at MacMurray College for a reception and gallery talk in December of 2019 to discuss his art showcase, Nigredo. Click here to read more about his visit to MacMurray.
Thank you very much to Marc Talluto ’94 and Tom Carlson ’94 for speaking to students in IWU’s entrepreneurship classes as part of the Design, Technology, and Entrepreneurship (DTE) program on March 5th! Marc and Tom shared their substantial entrepreneurial knowledge with students interested in starting their own business one day. Students enjoyed hearing from Marc and Tom and shared the following thoughts with them in personal thank you letters written to the alums:
“I enjoyed the real life examples that you shared with us because it really helped me visually understand the material that you were explaining. I really enjoyed the speech you gave to my class because as a graduating senior, I am trying to soak up as much information as I can before I leave IWU.” Logan Alexander, senior DTE major
“I am a senior biochemistry student who is entering medical school in August. I am in this class to learn about entrepreneurship and business so that after medical school I will have some of the skills and knowledge to start or help run a clinic. I would like to say thank you and that your real-world experience and stories enhanced my understanding in an invaluable way. Your success in starting a business definitely was preceded by many challenges. Hearing about these challenges will hopefully help me in my future endeavors.” Ross Burandt, senior Biochemistry major
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.