David Zimmerman ’92 has become publisher of NavPress. He first joined NavPress in 2014 and has worked in multiple roles since then. Read more here.
Monday, February 8 is Thank-A-Giver Day at Illinois Wesleyan and we’re eager to celebrate generous Titans!
Thank-A-Giver (TAG) Day is the symbolic point during the academic year — about 70% of the way through — when tuition dollars are exhausted and Illinois Wesleyan relies on donor generosity to continue providing a world-class education and rewarding collegiate experiences.
Each and every year, every gift matters. Contributions benefit students and faculty, enhance academic excellence, and strengthen the IWU community.
Thank you to all who give back to move IWU forward.
Mark Yakich ‘92 published a fifth collection of poetry, Spiritual Exercises, in July of 2019. Mark’s work was published by Penguin Books. Spiritual Exercises is a discerning and dynamic journey of devotion and temptation in pursuit of the divine. To read more about Mark’s work, head over to the IWU Magazine spring 2020 issue. Spiritual Exercises is widely available.
Thank you very much to Jamie Loggins ’92, who is rounding in the ICU on suspected COVID-19 patients at Norfolk General Hospital in Norfolk, VA.
In March of 2019, Bob Cofield ‘92 assumed the position of Director of School District Partnerships at Waubonsee Community College. You can read more about his accomplishment here.
We hope you are enjoying your new role, Bob!
Congratulations to James C. Martin ’92, who was named Assistant Professor of Music in Voice at Dickinson College in 2017. You can read James’ Bio here.
In February of 2019, Kevin Barker ’92 was appointed the new president of Beckhoff Automation LLC to manage Beckhoff business operations across the U.S. Read about Kevin’s accomplishment here.
We hope you are enjoying your new position, Kevin!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.