Congratulations to Bobby Moews ’81, who was inducted into the Illinois High School Football Coaches Hall of Fame on March 28, 2020. He was head coach at Bloomington IL Central Catholic High School for 22 seasons, compiling a record of 155-73 with two state championships. A 1977 graduate of the school, he earned 10 letters as a student-athlete at Central Catholic.
Andrea and her husband Allan, who met while students at Illinois Wesleyan, lead the faith-based nonprofit Emmaus Ministries, serving sexually exploited men. Click here to read more about their work.
Mark Allen ’81 is celebrating is 38th year as a public school music, band and choir tour. He has taught in 3 states and directed both the Cottonwood Community Band and the Four Corners Community Band in Arizona. He is currently a member of the Cortez Public Arts Advisory Council.
As Director of Admissions and Recruitment at Rush Medical College, Jill Volk ’87 presented virtually on April 30th. She shared her perspective about the recent announcements from the AAMC including changes to MCAT. In addition, she answered questions about what this means for this, and future, medical school application cycles.
Director of the Hart Career Center, Warren Kistner ‘83, offered insight into what the job market might look like for graduating seniors. Click here to read what Warren had to say.
Pamela Lannom ’88 wrote a wonderful article about alumnus Herb Zerth ’03 for the Hinsdalean. You can view it here.
In February of 2019, the Lake Land College Board of Trustees appointed Beth Gerl of Westminster, Maryland, to assume the role of vice president for student services.
Read more about Beth’s accomplishment here. We hope you are enjoying your new position, Beth!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
At Homecoming 2019 the Loyalty Award was presented to Jean (Sullivan) Baird ’80 for her service to Illinois Wesleyan. Jean was featured in the inset of page 24 of the IWU Magazine that can be found here. Her Homecoming Back to College Class, “Oh Yes, You Can: Create a Culture of Collaboration” can be seen in the video above.
Thank you to Dave Moravec ’84 for speaking to Fred Hoyt’s Marketing 339 class in October about his experience as the President of Sales Managers for Rent!