Director of the Hart Career Center, Warren Kistner ‘83, offered insight into what the job market might look like for graduating seniors. Click here to read what Warren had to say.
Pamela Lannom ’88 wrote a wonderful article about alumnus Herb Zerth ’03 for the Hinsdalean. You can view it here.
In February of 2019, the Lake Land College Board of Trustees appointed Beth Gerl of Westminster, Maryland, to assume the role of vice president for student services.
Read more about Beth’s accomplishment here. We hope you are enjoying your new position, Beth!
- To share a word of support for your classmates at this time, submit a post to your class newsletter by emailing your editor or if your class does not have an editor, send your post to email@example.com.
- You can provide support to the Titan Student Emergency Fund. This fund will provide relief to students with needs such as housing, travel, moving and storage, transportation and vehicle repair, and technology needs related to remote learning.
- If you have expertise or a career opportunity that you can share with students, please connect with a Hart Career Center staff member for a phone or video appointment through a Handshake account here. You can also post job and internship opportunities on the site. View FAQs here.
- University Archives & Special Collections wants to hear your experiences and reflections to keep a historical record of the impact of the pandemic on the Illinois Wesleyan community, you can learn more here.
- Assist the IWU Admissions team in student recruitment efforts. Our alumni are the best and most qualified to meet with prospective students to share your IWU experience. Sign up here: Titan Alumni Ambassadors.
- You can see more ideas here.
At Homecoming 2019 the Loyalty Award was presented to Jean (Sullivan) Baird ’80 for her service to Illinois Wesleyan. Jean was featured in the inset of page 24 of the IWU Magazine that can be found here. Her Homecoming Back to College Class, “Oh Yes, You Can: Create a Culture of Collaboration” can be seen in the video above.
Thank you to Dave Moravec ’84 for speaking to Fred Hoyt’s Marketing 339 class in October about his experience as the President of Sales Managers for Rent!
Congratulations to Mike Maynard, the University of Redlands’ head football coach, for his 200th career coaching victory on September 21, 2019. He has been coaching at the University of Redlands since 1988 and has won 13 conference championships.
Kevin Klockenga ’89 was recognized by the North Bay Business Journal as a “healthcare leader you should know”. Click here to read more. Congratulations, Kevin!
Thank-A-Giver Day (TAG Day) is Monday, February 10. This day provides the IWU campus community with the opportunity to thank donors who support Illinois Wesleyan. IWU celebrates each year in mid-February because it marks the symbolic point during the academic year – about 70% of the way through – when we rely on support from alumni and friends, our endowment, and external grants.
If you would like to be celebrated as a donor today, you can make a gift at iwu.edu/give.
The IWU campus extends it’s thanks to Barb Nathan ’80 for volunteering at the Hart Career Center Professional Etiquette Dinner, Tuesday, March 21st.