Timothy Ruegg ’82

Timothy Ruegg ’82 of Seward, Nebraska, died Sept. 12, 2021. He was 61. Tim earned a bachelor’s degree in music education at Illinois Wesleyan and a master’s degree in church music from Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College. He served in the U.S. Air Force as a trombonist and composer/arranger for Strategic Air Command Band and Heartland of America Band at Offutt Air Force Base, and was deployed to the Persian Gulf in support of operations Desert Storm and Desert Shield. After his military career, he dedicated himself full-time to ministry and served on the staff of colleges and churches in California, Oklahoma and Washington. He had served as pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Seward since 2005. He also worked at Walmart in Seward for 15 years. Tim loved his community and enjoyed opportunities to play in and conduct the Seward Municipal Band and the University-Community Band. He is survived by his wife Peggy (Miller) Reugg ’82, 13 children, 19 grandchildren, mother and  four siblings. 

2 thoughts on “Timothy Ruegg ’82

1. Oh, I am soo sorry to read this. We had such fun together and he always helped me with my theory!!! Take care and you have my deepest sympathy.

2. Saddened to read this. Tim was a wonderful fraternity brother and friend. Rest in peace, brother, and my deepest sympathies to his family.