Dr. Debbie Burt-Frazier ’75

Debbie wished to give the following message:

Hey There, COVID Weary Titans!

It has been an entire year since our world as we knew it came to an end, figuratively. I am certain that the past twelve months have been the longest year of your life. Honestly, I thank God that I am still standing, and battling onward. In true Titan fashion, I know that I am not alone. Recently, I learned of one fellow alumna, Carol Payne Brinkley’s passing. I do not know the circumstances of her death, but she and I are the same age, 67. My collective condolences go out to her family and friends.
     This week, two weeks after my second Covid Pfizer vaccine shot, I am now fully protected against this pandemic nightmare, Covid 19. If you haven’t I encourage you to also get vaccinated. If “Herd Immunity” is to occur, recent estimates suggest 70 to 90 percent of the population is necessary. Right now, about 29% of all adults, in this country, have received at least one injection. Think about it. What can I do to improve our current situation, with the new, more contagious variants appearing? Get vaccinated. Our hope does lie in our Creator but we must do our part to demonstrate that hopefulness.
     Remember, Titans, April 8th is “All In for Wesleyan” Day to show your support for your Alma Mater. Give what you can, all is appreciated. I am always so moved by the handwritten notes which I receive from a current IWU student, thanking me for my contribution. Gratitude, the most powerful energy in the universe. Take care, Titans and Stay well! Until the next time, much love.
Yours,
Debbie

4 thoughts on “Dr. Debbie Burt-Frazier ’75

1. Hey Debbie —
    Congrats on your vaccine. Me too — I’m 67, had both doses, Pfizer. Wonderful feeling, huh? Thank you for your pitch to fellow alums about the importance of getting the vaccine.
    All best & stay well,
    Michael Cooper ’77
    PS — and thanks for your continued great job with the newsletter.

2. Debbie:
    I am fully vaccinated, too at this point.
    Greatly relieved that I can still get this horrible disease that has killed so many, including friends of mine… BUT IT CAN’T KILL ME.
    You are the best, Debbie.
    Your insights and thoughts are always profound.
    Thank you!
    Katherine

3. Spot on, Debbie!!! And I am so sorry to hear about Carol’s passing. We were not in touch after graduation, but I very much remember her from our years on campus and involvement in religious affairs. —Jean Hembrough

4. Debbie,
    Thank you for your message and cheering others on to get vaccinated. My spouse and I are on our way, still knowing that, until we reach that 70-90%, we’ll still be following public health precautions (masks, distance, etc). Condolences to Carol’s family and friends, as well.
    Fran Allegri ’75