Hi – I’m Bob

Hello, I am Bob Jackson.  Bruce Story and I are now the editors for the electronic newsletters for the 70s.  Since I am new to you, here is a little information about me.

I was a ’76 graduate and was a music major.  I played trumpet in many of groups at IWU.  Music is still important in my life.  I play in at church, in a Civil War Reenactment Band, and a Brass Band.

Susan and I will celebrate our 40th Anniversary this coming January.  We have four children and 7 grandchildren.  The children are starting to move farther away from Bloomington, IL.  Rachael and her family {husband Dave, Carlos (12), Miguel (9), and Sofia (6)} live in Frankfort, IL.  Andy and his family {wife Emily, Isabelle (6) and Waverly (4)} live in Newburgh, IN.  Emily and her family {husband Micah, Elijah (5) and Mira (1)} just moved to Rochester, MN.  Nate moved to Austin, TX a year ago.

I taught band for 10 years at a small school district in Western Illinois (Triopia).  Then I worked for State Farm for 25 years.  Now I am retired and am full-time Papa to my grandkids.  The rest of my spare time is quilting and antiquing.  I have made quilts for four of my grandchildren, several for myself, and two for friends.  It is a great mental exercise and helps me slow down and do things correctly.

There are many other things I could tell you but I think this is enough for the first time.

If you have anything you want to post on the newsletter, send it to me at bob@jazzbob7.com.

33rd band at David Davis Mansion Bob